GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think SVM might have to change their top speed claim to being UK's fastest GTR now. They still have the 1 mile ET though.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like they raised the rev limit to 9k to get to this speed. I wonder what engine mods were done to cope with that.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Impressive, but more surprised that the ET was 22.602s and not lower given the terminal velocity reached.
Thats because no-one outside of the Russians cares about the ETs of the longer events. What people really care about and understand is speed.

Also having driven loads of these type of events, the last thing that makes sense if you want to be driving at 200mph+ is shredding your tyres off the line. It make virtually zero difference to the terminal speed, but risks damaging the car and more importantly the tyres.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Thats because no-one outside of the Russians cares about the ETs of the longer events. What people really care about and understand is speed.

Also having driven loads of these type of events, the last thing that makes sense if you want to be driving at 200mph+ is shredding your tyres off the line. It make virtually zero difference to the terminal speed, but risks damaging the car and more importantly the tyres.
Well blow me,

The old stager IS still around.

Greetings to you sir, give uncle Henry a squeeze from me when you next see him.

Regards to you and yours pal,

J.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
35's now moving into veyron territory on the tops speeds also....that must have been scary!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Wow that's alot of speed. Next it will need wings :)

·
Premium Member
3,994 Posts
I think SVM might have to change their top speed claim to being UK's fastest GTR now. They still have the 1 mile ET though.
How does a run by an American car mean SVM have to change their UK claim.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Driver should have took a dump before that run, might have scored 250mph :)

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
A bit strange why this thread is so quiet, but it's not surprising really. That's what happens when all the shouting is silenced by better opposition. :chuckle:

This is just the start, the US tuners hadn't really bothered with this for a while, then after all the shouting on this forum a few months ago, Switzer worked quietly behind the scenes and smashed it. Now THAT is how you do it, I just wonder what AMS will bring to the table as and when. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
Big Kahunas !!!

Shame they didn'thave proper camera's all along the mile straight !!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts