GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
PMSL!

There's more than a few of those around here! Had a kid/chav/idiot in a body kitted Seat with ridiculously loud exhaust "offer" me the chance to race him at the lights. Couldn't stop laughing at him! Obviously the Blue GTRs are the slowest and give him a chance to win!

Needless to say, his offer was gracefully declined. :chuckle:

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Guys guys, skyline, no skyline? Master sheep pooh say a baked noodle is always tougher than a steamed noodle. :)

I reckon, and I'm sleeping with one eye open,....it's a SKYLINE!:bowdown1:

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
PMSL!

There's more than a few of those around here! Had a kid/chav/idiot in a body kitted Seat with ridiculously loud exhaust "offer" me the chance to race him at the lights. Couldn't stop laughing at him! Obviously the Blue GTRs are the slowest and give him a chance to win!

Needless to say, his offer was gracefully declined. :chuckle:
His time will come! The car with the blue indicators will have him. Lol

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
It is, in spirit of what a Skyline is in the UK. :D
But not by build. Or to the Japanese.
Even if we drop the word Skyline, it's still the successor to the R34 GT-R.
I'm proud of my Skyline heritage.

I would have loved to own, though too poor, an R34 Skyline GT-R back in the day. By the time I could afford to buy one, it had become the R35 Skyline GT-R.
If Nissan wanted to make it more up market, and distance it from the tuner religion, they should have used a truly uncrackable ECU, and have every node on the CAN bus use a public/private key system for the comms. So we couldn't even switch out the ECU for an aftermarket tunable one, coz nothing else on the bus would work with it. All they had to do was ask me. Lol
And they should have called it Nissan S1 GT-R.

Rant over. LOL

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Nope, where the Skyline name is concerned, the R35 has never been one despite the heritage of the previous 3 incarnations. If you allow it to be called that, you'll be inundated with people whose mate's have got the 'baby Skyline', the 350Z. Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
True, but we have this thing for the word "Skyline" in the UK which I don't understand if you look at the range of vehicles Nissan made.
It's just the name of a family model in reality, like "Focus" is to Ford.
It seems like because we never got the humdrum versions of the Skyline the name came to mean something else. It's the GT-R that makes it special. :)

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Nope, where the Skyline name is concerned, the R35 has never been one despite the heritage of the previous 3 incarnations. If you allow it to be called that, you'll be inundated with people whose mate's have got the 'baby Skyline', the 350Z. Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
I agree with that. I used to have the baby R34, the S14 200SX. :)
Oh yeah, I had an S12 which insisted on pulling the exhaust manifold out the side of the head on full boost too. I don't remember seeing a wastegate either.
Lol

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
True, but we have this thing for the word "Skyline" in the UK which I don't understand if you look at the range of vehicles Nissan made.
It's just the name of a family model in reality, like "Focus" is to Ford.
It seems like because we never got the humdrum versions of the Skyline the name came to mean something else. It's the GT-R that makes it special. :)
Absolutely. And the first time they used GT-R was on the 2000GT-R. No mention of Skyline.

I want my R35 to be a Skyline, damn it. Please? :runaway:

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
It's obvious why some journalists still call it the Skyline.

You don't need to stress yourself if anyone did call it that.. to the point where you breaking your computer.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
One day later, I may have changed my mind.

I went on site today to measure up for some work and an engineer said to me "how are you mate, have you still got your Skyline?". Instead of putting him straight, I nodded, smiled and said " yeah, still got it".

AAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

1 - 20 of 21 Posts