GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2540's on a RB26, I want it lazy low down with lots of power up top. Will these be a good choice? I know they are old turbos and not the best. But Iv not got much money and from what Iv read they will suit what I want. I'd just like some opinions or experiance of these from you guys. Has anyone got any dyno graphs?

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
No.
They are a terribly mismatched turbo, laggy as on a RB26, and shuffle like a mo fo!
Even on a 2.8lt I've seen many guys that have gone back to 2530's and made more bottom end and top end!
Have a chat to Piggaz on the Aussie forum, he has dyno plots of both turbos on his car.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
2540's on a RB26, I want it lazy low down with lots of power up top. Will these be a good choice? I know they are old turbos and not the best. But Iv not got much money and from what Iv read they will suit what I want. I'd just like some opinions or experiance of these from you guys. Has anyone got any dyno graphs?
Is there a reason you want to go top mount twin?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
No.
They are a terribly mismatched turbo, laggy as on a RB26, and shuffle like a mo fo!
Even on a 2.8lt I've seen many guys that have gone back to 2530's and made more bottom end and top end!
Have a chat to Piggaz on the Aussie forum, he has dyno plots of both turbos on his car.
My comparison was with the RS's to -5's.

OP, why do you want such a lethargic low end? That's like shooting yourself in the foot. How much power are you realistically wanting?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts