GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone knows the clash with Toyotas 2JZ and Nissan RB26. I want to know if the N1 Block and the Nismo GT Block are stronger than the 2JZ? I ask because I am about to buy a new engine for my GT-R and people are telling me to go with the 2JZ...but I know the RB26 can make just as much power with smaller engine displacement. Can anyone help me pick the best solution? I am going for the Nismo GT500 Block personally.:)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
someone i know with a HKS 3.4L twin HKS 3240s 1100rwhp supra. he tells me that the 2JZ is far superior than the RB motor and suggest that I swap it for a 2JZ and " I will have the best of both worlds" I will just get my GT block and a stroker kit and call it a day.

·
Registered
172 Posts
2JZ in a GTR? wtf?

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Hmm...TopSecret put a RB26 into a Supra, why should they do that if the 2JZ is so much better?Only because they can?I don´t think so.

·
Banned
165 Posts
Both are very strong engines and about as strong as engines come, I do not see the benefits of putting a 2JZ in a GTR though, stick with an RB mate.

I have seen a couple of Supra's with RB engines

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well I told him the same thing about in japan....I never heard of a GT-R with a 2JZ...but I heard several supras with RB motors. I am keeping the RB26 no matter what. I refuse to do it..it makes it seem like the RB motor cant handle the power...

·
Registered
8 Posts
i've got nothing against either motors. they're both engineering masterpieces. that just seems like a lot of unnecessary effort. but that's me. it would definitely increase the "wow" factor of your car though.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes....But if I wanted a 2JZ...I would have got a supra...Not a GT-R...simple as that...I love the supra alot more than any other import besides GT-R but it would make some GT-R purist upset...very upset and I it wouldnt feel right in the 1st place. But yes It would increase it..I would have credit for both having a GT-R and having the soul of a JZA80 supra.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
it would definitely increase the "wow" factor of your car though.
The Why Oh Why factor:chuckle: Notice how many high power GTRs had engine problems at the pro shoot out this year? None with many running sub 10 second runs. Tims ran all day, with a couple of 8 second runs. The 2JZ power Supras did not match that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yeah, that's basically what i meant, paul. after the initial thought of "holy crap that valvlecover says toyota on it," it would come down to the next obvious question, "why in the hell would you do that?" for some people there is just no explanation

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
would have said main advantage of gtr engine would be the 4wd set up. as far as im aware supras only rear wheel drive, at least with a gtr you will get all the power down easier with 4 wheels than just 2. not sure if you coud make the supra engine mate up to 4wd?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
When looking at prices for oil pump and water pump for RB engines, i would imagine the supra engine is a lot better.
Plus the crank and pistons are also better.

But the real question is, why??
Stick with the RB engine, could you imagine all the work that is involved in the conversion?

Asim..

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ha...enough said...I wasn't planning on doing that anyway but I just wanted to share it with you guys...I think it takes away in my opinion what a GT-R is about. Yes and I couldn't have said better..."why would you do it?" a nissan with a toyota logo on the valve cover.....thats stupid...I also wanted to know from you guys...this guy in the new GT-R forums claims I sound like an idiot for smashing the new GT-R....well I do like the car...hey maybe love it but that doesnt mean I want one...I love my RB an love the deep engine tone it has. Hey even smokey nagata of japan says that the V6 engine wont have the high horsepower and deep engine tone of the old RB motors. the main people that bash on me about it just love the new one but dont ever plan on getting one. I can't give my RB up for a 2JZ...its crazy I would feel so bad and stupid for doing it I would sell the car. So my RB isn't going anywhere whether it can make the power or not...a 2JZ wont be under the hood haha. Yes and like you said Asim R32GTR... the conversion....the 2JZ is like the RB but still confusing to me because their turbos and exhaust manifolds are on different sides. I refuse to take the time and figure it out. BBMFC..I am in Texas so you would know if the car had a 2JZ because it would be everywhere.

·
Registered
8 Posts
haha, yeah i'd probably hear about it. trust me, i'm all for engine conversions, they're cool as hell. i just don't see the car needing one.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Two things...first, how about some pictures of your car?

Second, how about a paragraph...it's very difficult to read your post's without them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok...nice...but how do you insert pictures? Dont call me dumb because I havent been a member not even a month so I haven't learned everything just yet.

·
Registered
229 Posts
open a photobucket account and insert the image tag.

I'm very curious about your car also :)

John

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hey guys...if you want to see why my friend got idea of me sticking the 2JZ in my GT-R go to SP Power and you will see ken hendersons 94 supra with 1100wrhp with the twin hks 3240s

1 - 20 of 52 Posts