GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
So, do you still have the Japanese drink holder in there? How about some more pics...maybe some with the TX plates...:shy:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hmm...TopSecret put a RB26 into a Supra, why should they do that if the 2JZ is so much better?Only because they can?I don´t think so.

Yes, exactly that, because they can.

2JZ is possibly the most over engineered engine ever. Why bother with a 2JZ when you have the RB30 option? RB30's are far tourquier than 26's and a built RB30 could do 1000hp.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
^^

So what is your point?
I think they swapped engines because Mr. Nagata is so convinced of the RB engine and not only to show -hey we can do an engine conversion.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
puhaha...I see what this is...I see what this is....you are trying to say I am lying just not in those words. I will show you the pictures but I am at the office right now.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
puhaha...I see what this is...I see what this is....you are trying to say I am lying just not in those words. I will show you the pictures but I am at the office right now.
Not at all, but every once in a while a dreamer comes on here...just really curious that someone could spend time on which car to buy in Japan that will more than likely NEVER be legal in any state. And to spend the kind of coin to get a NuR jsut to replace the motor, strip it and race it...would have been MUCH cheaper to bring in a normal spec car as the truly special part of the NuR is the motor...which you are just going to remove...

You gotta see where I am coming from right? I really hope you do have the car...if you do it must be nice to be very wealthy!:wavey:

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^Oh yea, and then to even MENTION putting a 2JZ into such a rare car...Also strange to chose the M-Spec as a road course car as the M-Spec was marketed to the "older" crowd with it's softer sus and leather interior...

You gotta see where I am coming from right???

Plus, by nature I am a pessimist!!!:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
No I see what your saying...I am in the cash flow business. The reason I went after the Nur was because it was the last of the last built thats all. I got it a low price for its milage but more than the Vspec II. I am after serious performance. I have yet to hear a Nur in the USA that is modified to the maximum...why go for the new one when I can get a even more rare car and deck it out with the latest? There is no big difference in price because my car is and always will be cheaper than the new GT-R. I also picked the Mspec Nur over the Vspec 2 and Vspec 2 Nur because of its numbers...only 250 made...you can't complain with that...I am all about rare and exclusive so and it was the same price as the Vspec 2 Nur even cheaper in some places where I looked for the car in the beginning...why? I have no idea but I figured if I could get an even more rare car it would bring me even greater joy in the end...your more likely to see a bugatti veyron before you see a Mspec Nur on American streets. Yes but besides...come on...I been on these forums for a while..why waste time lying about a car I dont have? Yes some do but still I could find hundreds of things better to do with my time than lie about something like that. I will even show you the build progress when I send it off to my tuners at Sp Engineering 20 minutes away from Los Angeles CA.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
OOOH no...I dont plan to have a gutted interior or a 8 point roll cage or 1 seat or remove the A/C or something crazy like that. I will NEVER ever do that to the car. I just want a seriously powerful engine... I ask because my tuner is best friends with the guy I told you about that is telling me that the 2JZ is stronger than any RB26 motor...even my N1 Block...that was the reason why I asked should I do it...he recommended me I should..I didn't tell him I would but I was thinking about it...which I did...and I am not going to do it ha! But that was the reason why I started this discussion was because I wanted to know the benefits of swapping a 2JZ into a GT-R chassis. He tells me the 2JZ can make more power and torque at lower rpm than the RB26 which I know 1st hand because of the engine displacement...But I am kind of sick of hearing that from supra owners. "Oh GT-R is washed up" or " They are only good for AWD and the supra will take over from there" and "the 2JZ will always have more torque than the RB26". So that is why I said hey...why not go for the most powerful RB motor...the Nismo GT500 spec block...I have someone that is going to buy my N1 block so there wont be any loses and a custom stroker kit. Yes as far as the plate...well until I get my custom plate that says "TWIN T04Z"...the car came in through Unreal imports. So when it got to South carolina thats the plate it has. but I dont mind showing you make me no difference. So do you think I should swap my N1 Block for the Nismo GT500 block? eveyone else agrees with me and says I should.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I look forward to the build...a couple questions if I might...what mileage on the car, where did you end up buying it from, and how much?

From the one pic of the car it looks like it has rims, a body kit and the tall tail stands (I personally looked into the shorter "drag" style pedestals, but couldnt do it once I learned that the new CF pedestals didnt bolt into the existing holes) not a big fan of the tall tails...I suppose you can actually see something out the R view mirror with em tho...

Tell your guy to take lots of pics during the build...

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
So do you think I should swap my N1 Block for the Nismo GT500 block? eveyone else agrees with me and says I should.
Not sure on the block...sounds like you need some serious strength to get over the 1k mark...I would say the GT500 would be the way to go...must be nice to have options. I personally havent modded my 34 at all cause I cant afford to fix it if it goes bang...especially here in Germany (plus the wait time for parts is a real kick in the nuts)...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
ooh....well if it wasnt for me selling my N1 block Id ship it to you. I wish we were close Id help with the finance with the build...I personally wish I could go to Germany and go on the autobahn. Yes I need as much power and strength as I can get...Corvette Z06 is nothing to play with here. I was convienced that the Nismo Z tune would be able to do it but when I seen it in a best motoring japan version and they raced..the Z tune was defeated by it futher letting me know that I need power with very good power curves. So when I found out I could get my hands on a Nismo GT block I had to go with it...I though it was just maybe a 1 step futher in strength over my N1 block but from what I heard the GT block is much much stronger and is mainly designed for very high horsepower in mind. that combined my turbo selection with a lighter body weight, superior suspension and handling I could be unbeatable....maybe...only time will tell. But until then all I can do is list my performance parts and let someone that really really knows their products...hopefully someone that knows more than me will help steer the right direction and fine tune my list.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Use the search button...there's plenty of info here. And people are really helpful...if you treat em right!

Speaking of Big $$, a buddy of mine here has my ass half entered in the Gumball 3000...thinks he can get my entrance fee, and fuel bill covered...not sure my license could handle that though!!!

Hah, the Bahn is nothing, any car nowadays can blast along at 150+ ...come do the Ring, then you'll know the GTR!!! http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg Thinking about going tomorrow if the weather isnt shite...but it's supposed to be. About an hour from the house...:squintdan

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Yeah I wish I could get the car shipped to germany to go on the nurburgring....do you know shin inue? and zele international...thats where the car came from. I was thinking about going on a gumball 3000 also. It came through texas 2 yrs ago but i didnt have the car...so I will have to wait and see if it comes through in 08'...hopefully...and do you think I could somehow get the car shipped to germany so I can race on the nurburgring?

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
You could get your car shipped here no problem on a transport 747...not sure how you could get it on the road legally though...nor do I know how customs and all that would work. You might be able to get a temp plate...there are several members on here from Germany that are locals...angreasgtr and evolution6...you could ask them.

Sure, everyone on this board that's been here a while know's Shin...(well, in the way you know someone on the internet anywho)

A Zele car huh...they have VERY good stock! Looked there when I bought, but just couldnt come up with the scratch for a Zele car...I like mine though!

Cant wait for the pics and the build... :popcorn:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Problem is if the car is not legalized, don't even try to export it out of the US. Actually even if it is you may run into a problem

John

·
Registered
26 Posts
The 2jz and the 1jz are a common transplant options for the r33 gts rwd chassis in japan and i guess at some point it does even make sense.
I was in contact with this tuning guy in japland and he was offering such hybrid built cars for sale.

But as for the GTR, i wouldnt go for it personally.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Hey guys...Ok I am dropping the Nismo Z tune intercooler and going with either the Greddy 4 row or HKS GT type intercooler since the nismo wont support the power I am looking for. Since I am planning on having at least 3.0L of engine displacement or more do you think the twin t04zs should spool nicely even with a v-cam? if not I already thought about cheating an add a small stick of nitrous and have it hidden under the seat or somewhere. I will do the best I can to get te turbos spooled to get a nice blend of power and response.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts