GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, it's been a while since I last hustled someone on this forum trying to find out how to import a Skyline in Greece. So anyway I attended the Athens Tuning Show two weeks ago, and I can say that I was quite impressed by the fact that a significant number of tuning shops from the UK had attended this "convention". However I think that from year to year the show will get better and attract more displays... to tell you the truth I believe that tuning-wise Greece is still a "virgin" and uncharted area and it may prove to be a profitable venture for renowned tuning shops to start exploring the market here. For the moment please enjoy the images below from the show, which also featured Terry Grant (seen in a couple of pictures and the Fuel Girls, courtesy of Max Power mag in Greece). Cheers everyone.

PS This is a question to Andy Barnes: I noticed that in your stand there were price tags on the cars displayed, were these prices the OTR prices in Greece after the whole import procedure?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You missed these ones from the UK too:

No Gazmo1 these may have appeared on a different day or maybe later on Sunday afternoon...after all I was running out of disc space on my camera since I practicaly recorded on video the whole drift show.:smokin:

As far as the more mysterious car is concerned inFOCUS and The Great One, it's a Nissan Sunny B11 GT-I running at just over 376bhp @ 1.4 boost.

·
Registered
336 Posts
No Gazmo1 these may have appeared on a different day or maybe later on Sunday afternoon...after all I was running out of disc space on my camera since I practicaly recorded on video the whole drift show.:smokin:
These cars appeared on Friday, Saturday and Sunday in the Live Arena and one was on static display in the main show on Wednesday & Thursday. The show has two elements of drifting, one was the 'Steer from the Rear lads' and the other was Team Orange in the HKS cars. Although both shows were quite different. But both really good.

Really good show by everybody in the Live action arena. Did you get any shots of the crazy bikers?

Gaz.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Greece,

Nice to see some pictures of the show finally ( er Gaz, wheres me pix? )...

To answer your question about the prices on cars - We did not put those on there, those prices were made by the show. I guess the 'price' is important to show people in Greece.

As for tuning companies having opportinities in Greece, Sumo Power already has an office in Moshato, Athens with our partners, Auto Ergonomics. Any Japanese part can be bought at Auto Ergonomics very easily, the same parts that are available in the UK via Sumo Power ( anything Japanese ).

It was nice to be invited back to Greece by our friends at the show/magazines, of course Sumo arranged the transportation of all cars to the show from the UK including those from HKS etc as we did last year and the year before where we went to the Intl Motor Show there.

I hope that more Greeks will start to tune thier cars, if only you didnt have such huge tax laws........

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
292 Posts
Puke Green thing is a Micra/March or a Pulsar. I'm leanign more to Pulsar.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.