GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New post without repeat images this time.

Sadly I'm the old Brit going out to Poland this week to drive at Poznan but there is at least one other GTR going from Denmark. Hoping for good weather and a nice dry track. It gets lots of coverage on YouTube so look out for a Red GTR with a Godzilla on the side! I might take off the Porsche, Lambo and Ferrari stickers before I get there :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Poznan accident 2013

Thanks for the good wishes. I have lots of video footage and had a great time. Unfortunately it got off to a bad stat as you may have already heard. One of the cars went into the crowd and injured 17 people. No one died but they could have done. Lots of people are blaming only the driver who of course lost control but why on earth were there no safety barriers? There is no way an event like this would be run in the UK without a full risk assessment and safety barriers.

In my opinion the Polish authorities and their police should take a long hard look at why they allowed this to go ahead without adequate protection for the crowd. There are quite a few videos but here is one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ_1pcaGJ-k

The crowd are right up against the road! That is asking for trouble.
Also there were lots of people in the braking zones which you can't see on the video. What would have happened if someone breaks had failed, lost control, hit oil on the road or any other combination of things.... smack right into the crowd at 100mph with no protection. Yes the driver messed up but there were other factors.

The good news is last I heard everyone is going well and they two children involved who had broken bones are both on the mend.

Anyway the event went on and I have a great video of me launching my GTR plus footage on the track. I will post up here next week.

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
just seen this, funky!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts