GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my decat (for R32 GTR) and it looks fine and dandy - except that it's missing the little tube that sticks out for the EGT sensor.

1) can the sensor be rigged up fairly easily in some other way?

2) I was going to add a Greddy EGT gauge anyways, so would my car need to have the stock EGT sensor for anything? (Power FC Pro ECU installed) Perhaps it doesn't need to be, as I'll have the Greddy gauge....but where does the Greddy EGT sensor mount?

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
AFAIK its not compulsory but if you want it working then simply drill and weld a boss on the de-cat to accept the sensor. Mine isnt attatched. Its tucked up underneath the car.

·
Registered
341 Posts
mr rear turbo elbow has a take off boss as well, its where the EGT sensor goes for the MFD. dunno if its same on R32 but might be worth a quick look

·
Registered
345 Posts
EGT senders are usually located in the turbo elbows. The sensor under the car by the cat/decat pipe is the oxygen sensor that usually plugs into the catalyst.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Floyd said:
EGT senders are usually located in the turbo elbows. The sensor under the car by the cat/decat pipe is the oxygen sensor that usually plugs into the catalyst.
well, with a decat presumably I won't be really needing that sensor eh? :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
AFAIK its only a temp sensor which puts a light on on the dash when the cat gets too hot.

As you dont have a cat dont worry too much about it :D

My L reg (93) 33GTST sailed through its mot with no cat in Floyd so yours should be ok.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gambit said:
AFAIK its only a temp sensor which puts a light on on the dash when the cat gets too hot.

As you dont have a cat dont worry too much about it :D
QUOTE]

That's marvellous - the Power FC flashes that same light to warn of detonation...when my engine blew up in June I thought my cat was simply too hot. No more ambiguity then, good good!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I thought the pfc flashed the yellow light that looks like an engine??

The cat temp warning light is red, looks like an exhaust silencer with wavy lines coming out the top of it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts