1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
All good news.....cant help but think the higher the prices go the less they will sell which should keep the s/h prices strong??

·
Premium Member
13,400 Posts
First one was up for £5K more than that a while back so it's a good discount.

I don't suppose Nissan are too bothered what you think as there is still a steady stream of buyers for the GT-R.

If I wasn't in the process of buying a shed, I'd definitely be having a 2014

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All good news.....cant help but think the higher the prices go the less they will sell which should keep the s/h prices strong??
errr, no, the second hand prices are on the floor, mid £30kish so as I have said before you could buy a 2/3/4 year old car and spend the same amount again and have a much superior car to any of those 3 !

·
Registered
618 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
errr, no, the second hand prices are on the floor, mid £30kish so as I have said before you could buy a 2/3/4 year old car and spend the same amount again and have a much superior car to any of those 3 !
2nd hand prices on the floor? :chuckle:
£35k bottom end of the market for a four and a half year old car.
Even at the current £78k, that's good retained value.
For a car that cost £53k it's unbelievable!

If my new MY14 is still worth £35k when it's four years old I'll be over the moon! :)

Give me some of what you're smoking please. It looks like very sensible depreciation to me.

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
37/38k for 40k miles 2010 and same for 20k 2009 makes me quite happy....without mods only cost me 20k depreciation in 3.5 years.

I was more thinking though that given the price new only seems to be going one way that perhaps the depreciation might slow down a bit. All on the basis that now the car is upper 70's new its right out of the segment it was in before (m3 etc) so if the new sales drop and number of good cars available drops resale might stabilize.

All meaningless for me in the real world though as I have no current plans to sell and not sure I could personally justify the price of a new one to only have to mod it all over again. Money no object I would though :)

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Money no option I'd have the nismo with the track options.

If I had £75k I'd probably go for the spec V to be honest just got the rare factor plus those carbon seats are gorgeous!

As I don't have a stack of cash burning a hole in my pocket ill keep modding. Just pulled the trigger on some sexy carbon :smokin:

·
Registered
777 Posts
37/38k for 40k miles 2010 and same for 20k 2009 makes me quite happy....without mods only cost me 20k depreciation in 3.5 years.

I was more thinking though that given the price new only seems to be going one way that perhaps the depreciation might slow down a bit. All on the basis that now the car is upper 70's new its right out of the segment it was in before (m3 etc) so if the new sales drop and number of good cars available drops resale might stabilize.

All meaningless for me in the real world though as I have no current plans to sell and not sure I could personally justify the price of a new one to only have to mod it all over again. Money no object I would though :)
These are incredible retained values, especially on the early cars. My first one was 53.5k (April 09) and would still be worth 34k ish?! I just can't see a decent UK 35 dropping below 30. Period. (No accounting for nasty imports obviously).
That Spec V is a great buy too, pick of the bunch for me; great colour, seats and brakes.

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
I just can't understand Steve's point. The residual values for the R35 are some of the strongest in the market place for that kind of car, and are now being quoted in the motor industry as 'class leading'. A 2009 car that was originally about 54k is still worth over 30k which is over 55% residual after nearly 5 years!

It is only the grey imports that have plummeted:D

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I just can't understand Steve's point. The residual values for the R35 are some of the strongest in the market place for that kind of car, and are now being quoted in the motor industry as 'class leading'. A 2009 car that was originally about 54k is still worth over 30k which is over 55% residual after nearly 5 years!

It is only the grey imports that have plummeted:D
Me too, but I figure you can't make Steve see sense.
He has his own little entrenched view.

So I'm not feeding him. :chuckle:

"second hand prices on the floor" when they are actually quite strong.
If you can't understand the basics, you can't make a reasoned argument relating to them.

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Paid 53k for mine just shy of 5 years ago.

I'd happily take £35 for mine now.

If I'd bought a new M3 coupe at the time (for around £54k without extras), it'd be worth a lot less than my R35 now..

BMW M3 2dr 4.0

Not sure you can describe used values as on the floor not when you compare similar prestige sporty vehicles

·
Registered
519 Posts
Funny the link to the 2010 MY10 R35 should be put up. They are asking £37995.00 for it with 38K miles on it. In November 2011 I paid £37500 for my MY10 - at the time it had 24K miles on it. It now has 39K miles on it. Two and a bit years down the line and I'm pretty sure I could get near enough what I paid for it. Does not get much better really.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Funny the link to the 2010 MY10 R35 should be put up. They are asking £37995.00 for it with 38K miles on it. In November 2011 I paid £37500 for my MY10 - at the time it had 24K miles on it. It now has 39K miles on it. Two and a bit years down the line and I'm pretty sure I could get near enough what I paid for it. Does not get much better really.
Sounds like you got a good deal mate, I paid £36k for my MY09 with 35k miles on it about 5 months ago.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts