GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately due to expanding my business and trying to purchase a van, my pride and joy has to go!

here are the specs.

Totally standard apart from very expensive 16" BBS 3-piece RS alloys. (would benefit a refurb).

Built 1989. Imported to UK in 1999.

Current owner for 6 years or so.

Very rare 2 seater model, short wheel base with a metal roof (not targa) so no scuttle shake or leaks! the car really does benefit the lack of the removable roof!

Bright stardust silver which is virtually unmarked.

NO RUST! - the car is kept under shelter and cover!

Velour interior (standard). No rips or tears.

Taxed and MOT'd

Variable Auto box with Over-drive.

Cruise control, digital Climate control and AC

Bridgstone S0-2 tyres.

Full stainless steel exhaust

Cobra Alarm system

New battery

A rare opportunity to own possibly the best variant of the 300ZX. A modern classic in un-molested form.

0 body rust as far as i can see

Mint condition. - detailed regularly and waxed with Swissvax and Zymol.

Luke of Z-Centre Nottingham will vouch for the quality of this car.

You honestly would be hard pressed to find a better one!

£4995

Pics to follow this weekend!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
exactly right there Kirbz...

having driven the long wheelbase targa TT and obviously the short wheelbase...i much prefer the way the short (metal roof) version drives...much much taughter and focused, the centre of the car is right beneath your bum so you can tell exactly what the front AND rear are doing!

Plus its noticeably quicker than the long wheel base and handles better due to the reduced weight.

The long wheelbase is much quicker than say a 350Z...so you can imagine how nippy the short wheel base is. ;)

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I had the short wheelbase two-seater TT version, got it new the first year available in the States (1990). I thought ALL of them were targa-tops! Solid roofs rule :)

And lock out that damned HICAS. It does you no favors and will throw you sudden curveballs at just the wrong moments.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SOLD! went for a decent price to a Nissan UK employee!! very chuffed that it is going to a very very good home (heated garage) and not some halfords car park cruise!

She will be sorely missed! hardly anything went wrong (2 rear shock struts and a washer bottle) with her during 7 years of ownership which cant be said of any 1989 produced car!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts