GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Would 305/35/20 tyre be ok for stock rims rear?
Can buy 2 P Zero to a really good price but would like to know they will be ok?
Have stock size in front.

Have seen a few the use 305/30 but not 305/35 thats why I ask

Cheers

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Hello

Would 305/35/20 tyre be ok for stock rims rear?
Can buy 2 P Zero to a really good price but would like to know they will be ok?
Have stock size in front.

Have seen a few the use 305/30 but not 305/35 thats why I ask

Cheers
They will fit okay on the standard rim mate but you may have problems with the diff because of the difference in rolling radius with the standard width front tyres.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They will fit okay on the standard rim mate but you may have problems with the diff because of the difference in rolling radius with the standard width front tyres.
Its just under 2% differns from stock so are you sure that would cause a problem?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Its just under 2% differns from stock so are you sure that would cause a problem?
I'm not sure it will cause a problem mate. The question is, are you prepared to risk it on a £50k car for the sake of a few hundred quid?

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
The size might work. They'll fit and so long as the front and rear are fairly well matched, should be ok.

Personally, there's no way on earth I'd put budget tyres. On the gtr. I know mist people don't consider hankook to be budget any more but the gtr makes very significant demands on its tyres. It produces an rare combination of weight and extreme longitudinal lateral grip as well as acceleration and braking. It also us designed for run flats so at least needs very much reinforced non run flats.

You are saving mobley on the THE single most important component of the car. I don't get why you'd spend money on all that performance potential then handicap it with cheap shoes.

If you want yo save, at least buy the toyos which have better grip than standard. Or consider the mpss for under £1000 as listed recently.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The size might work. They'll fit and so long as the front and rear are fairly well matched, should be ok.

Personally, there's no way on earth I'd put budget tyres. On the gtr. I know mist people don't consider hankook to be budget any more but the gtr makes very significant demands on its tyres. It produces an rare combination of weight and extreme longitudinal lateral grip as well as acceleration and braking. It also us designed for run flats so at least needs very much reinforced non run flats.

You are saving mobley on the THE single most important component of the car. I don't get why you'd spend money on all that performance potential then handicap it with cheap shoes.

If you want yo save, at least buy the toyos which have better grip than standard. Or consider the mpss for under £1000 as listed recently.
Btw the tyres Im putting on is the Pirelli P-Zero so no budget tyre :)
BUT I can buy that size to a really good price thats why Im asking...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[QUOTE
Handy link for checking rolling diameter differences[/QUOTE]

I actually ended up with stock size to play it on the safe side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts