GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people!

So here goes, my build thread for my 32 GTR!

Nothing special as yet compared to some peoples on here! But i've currently got another car (Focus ST) which i'm tidying up to sell on to allow funds to be spent on this!

So,

Bought it from LRG imports, i was just about to import one myself and found they had this one and it was just the spec i was looking for! Luke was a very helpful chap, sent an exceptional amount of photos of the car and went into very high detail about the car before I traveled (300) mile there to pick her up! so 600 mile all in one day but was defo worth it!

Here was the spec list from when I picked her up:

• Hks full intercooler kit and pipes
  • Hks downpipe
  • Hks performance exhaust
  • Ohlins coilovers
  • Cusco braces
  • Cusco upper arms
  • Cusco tie bars
  • Greddy 6 pot brake system
  • Hicas full delete
  • Nismo vents
  • Nismo bonnet lip
  • GTR N1 headlamps
  • GTR 320kmh clocks
  • Bride seat with juran rail
  • Momo steering wheel and knob
  • Greddy multifunction boost guage
  • Hks turbo timer
  • Blitz sbc boost controller
  • Volk te37 wheels with like new Bridgestone re11-a track tyres
First pic of when i picked her up!

Straight to our garage, unloaded and put inside for the night! - Then went home and purchased all the essentials for a thorough service & a new spare Key and a water pump!

Mods from there haven't really been anything spectacular! Wanted to enjoy the car really from when i bought it (May) until I put her away for winter in October!

So heres a few pictures of the car taken over the previous months!

She also won best non-Toyota! at a local Toyota show as they accepted other cars so though i'd pop along;) Picture of her there, below:

Had LOTS of attention at a local car meet.. always had people looking around her:thumbsup:

Sitting happily with her Glanza friend :D

I've got many more photos but they're all basically the same!

So Mod's to come

Purchased:

• Bride GIAS II Low Max - Driver and passenger
  • Takata Harnesses
  • HKS Adjustable Pulleys
  • HKS Fuel Rail
  • Uprated fuel pressure Regulator

Still Need/want

• Full exterior respray
  • Upper Radiator Support core - Mine is dinted and cant fit a slam panel whilst it's got a dint!
  • Tomei expreme Ti Exhaust!
  • Uprated Oil Pump - unsure on which one to buy so any help would be appreciated!
  • ECU - LINK g4 maybe?
  • Tubrbo Set-up!
Any advise or help is muchly appreciated! I shall try and keep it updated as much as possible!

Cheers :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Looking good buddy, if your looking to free up some Monies and think about selling the wheels let me know, really need some 37's in my life haha. ;)

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking good buddy, if your looking to free up some Monies and think about selling the wheels let me know, really need some 37's in my life haha.
Cheers!

I'll keep note of that and get in touch if I do! Did think about it when I first got it but unsure whether I could split from them now!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Very nice! looks like a good example! :)

Whereabouts in Cumbria are you? I work at M-Sport near Cockermouth so stay up there during the week

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice! looks like a good example!

Whereabouts in Cumbria are you? I work at M-Sport near Cockermouth so stay up there during the week
Cheers! Trying to keep her clean anyway! And I'm from Just outside of Carlisle! Where do you travel from? I've been round M-Sport on one of those tours, the place is spotless I'll give it that! What's the new site they're building? I love my fords as well! Got a focus ST at the min, but have been tempted to snap a mk1 FRS up before the prices get silly!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Cheers! Trying to keep her clean anyway! And I'm from Just outside of Carlisle! Where do you travel from? I've been round M-Sport on one of those tours, the place is spotless I'll give it that! What's the new site they're building? I love my fords as well! Got a focus ST at the min, but have been tempted to snap a mk1 FRS up before the prices get silly!
Ah cool! not too far then :)

I travel from near Thirsk in North Yorkshire, about 2 hours so not that bad!

Ah cool, it is a cool place to work! I'm an engineer on the Bentley GT3 race cars they build and run :) The new site will be a new workshop facility with showroom and loads of other new facilities for engine stuff etc but the most exciting part is that out the back of it will be a 2.5km circuit to test/shakedown the cars on!

The track will be done soon but we aren't allowed to use it until the workshop is built due to planning regs etc, hopefully ill get to test it out with my gtr sometime! haha

Anyway, your car looks really nice, I dont bring mine up here much but if i do it would be cool to meet up!

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Lovely car.

Also jealous of the garage!

If you haven't already, You have to invest in a genuine Mines something or other to justify that sticker though in my view :)

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah cool! not too far then :)

I travel from near Thirsk in North Yorkshire, about 2 hours so not that bad!

Ah cool, it is a cool place to work! I'm an engineer on the Bentley GT3 race cars they build and run :) The new site will be a new workshop facility with showroom and loads of other new facilities for engine stuff etc but the most exciting part is that out the back of it will be a 2.5km circuit to test/shakedown the cars on!

The track will be done soon but we aren't allowed to use it until the workshop is built due to planning regs etc, hopefully ill get to test it out with my gtr sometime! haha

Anyway, your car looks really nice, I dont bring mine up here much but if i do it would be cool to meet up!

nope not bad at all! i spoke to a guy and he said he traveled up form Cornwall apparently! but that was a few years ago now. There must be a few jobs opening up there soon? and indeed! if you're ever over here in it by all means fire me a message :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lovely car.

Also jealous of the garage!

If you haven't already, You have to invest in a genuine Mines something or other to justify that sticker though in my view :)
Totally agree! it's been taken off now,

Forgot to add on my list of thing's to by is a Mines Ti Downpipe when funds allow:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Parts update!

Received a couple of deliveries with some goodies! just need to find the spare time to fit them

Got a Tomei FPR & another Takata Harness ready to go in too!

Have a little issue with the front Bumper - It blew a intercooler pipe off a couple months back and took the paint off.. so question is, respray the bumper only, or just get the whole car done whilst i'm there.. see the pic below, it's not that bad.. but really annoys me when i see it!

She needs a good clean as well! don't judge :chuckle:

Other than that, she's sitting well in the garage, waiting for the better weather! if it will ever come :runaway:

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

Parts Update!

Feels like Christmas Today!

all sitting here waiting to go on.. Turbos are gonna be sent away to be serviced for peace of mind! (thanks to Phil69 for them):)

Injectors are on the way!
Metal Head gasket on the way!

Just need to decide on an oil pump but unsure which one to go for!

The fundamentals of the build are basically done and should get a decent power figure once all mapped up - lots of little niggley things are needing sorted and added on though! Finally getting somewhere:smokin:

·
Registered
892 Posts

Parts Update!

all sitting here waiting to go on.. Turbos are gonna be sent away to be serviced for peace of mind! (thanks to Phil69 for them):)

The fundamentals of the build are basically done and should get a decent power figure once all mapped up - lots of little niggley things are needing sorted and added on though! Finally getting somewhere:smokin:

am I the only one when I see a photo like that

a little voice in my head starts to replay.....

Jessie- I see a cool air intake. Its got a Nos fogger system and a T4 turbo, Dominic. I see an AIC controller. It has direct-port nitrous injection.

Dom- Yeah, and a stand alone fuel management system. Not a bad was to spend 10,000 dollars.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Parts Update!

all sitting here waiting to go on.. Turbos are gonna be sent away to be serviced for peace of mind! (thanks to Phil69 for them)

The fundamentals of the build are basically done and should get a decent power figure once all mapped up - lots of little niggley things are needing sorted and added on though! Finally getting somewhere

am I the only one when I see a photo like that

a little voice in my head starts to replay.....

Jessie- I see a cool air intake. Its got a Nos fogger system and a T4 turbo, Dominic. I see an AIC controller. It has direct-port nitrous injection.

Dom- Yeah, and a stand alone fuel management system. Not a bad was to spend 10,000 dollars.
Bloody quick way to spend it! Haha - everyone uses a F&F quote sometime in there car life!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts