GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Having owned my car for a few months, I roughly have an idea of what my fuel consumption is like over long distances. But lately I have noticed my fuel being used much more quicker than it used to on the same long distance journeys I used to do previously - same roads, same distance travelling back and forth between relatives and friends.

The car seems to pull fine on boost although there is a slight bit of black smoke coming out the exhaust when i do accelerate to high revs. However this has been happening ever since I got the car. I do believe I need to get it mapped again, but recently noticed quite a bit more black smoke than previously on high boost.

I am considering replacing the spark plugs as I have no idea when they were last changed. I realise it might be a stupid question, but if the spark plug is on it's way out, could this cause the increased fuel consumption all of a sudden and the rich running issues? I am thinking of replacing it with NGK BCPR7ES. My car has been mapped at just over 550bhp.

It is running PFC D-Jetro. Is there anything else that I should check that might cause this sudden onset or rich running?

Just for info...about 3 weeks ago, i had my gearbox replaced and also the os giken clutch rebuilt with a new slave cylinder.

Wierdly enough, i seem to notice this rich running since I got the car back after the above work was carried out. Do you think improper clutch adjustment would cause it to run rich - sorry if that sounds too stupid :)

Thanks for your help.

:sadwavey:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hi mate I doubt the clutch work would have made a difference but as your running d Jetro check both the map sensors are still plumbed in as when one is off will run rich :)

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mate I doubt the clutch work would have made a difference but as your running d Jetro check both the map sensors are still plumbed in as when one is off will run rich :)
Thanks. I didn't think about that at all. I see no reason why suddenly the map sensors would have loosened or whatever...but I shall check that. If the map sensors are faulty, i don't know how I could diagnose it. might have to see my local tuner..doh!

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah ok, got it. Thanks.

I might just check all the pipework while i'm there. Maybe there is some sort of boost leak? I don't really know if that will cause this issue.

Ta

1 - 5 of 5 Posts