GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if an aftermarket big brake kit off a 33 GTS should fit a 32 GTR ok ?

Cheers
Adam

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
I'm sure the R33 GTSt brakes are the same as the R32 GTR(non Brembo) so a brake upgrade probably fits both.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I was pretty sure that the disc thickness was a couple of mm more on the R32GTR compared to the GTSt, not sure if that would change anything.

·
Registered
991 Posts
R33 Gts-t uses R32 Gtr front brakes so it should be a straight swop. I have aftermarket R32 Gtr discs on a Gts-t and they were a bit tight with new pads, it was sorted by removing the anti squeak shims. The disc make is DBA.
Your kit is doing the same in reverse so should be OK.

·
Registered
501 Posts
R33 Gts-t uses R32 Gtr front brakes so it should be a straight swop. I have aftermarket R32 Gtr discs on a Gts-t and they were a bit tight with new pads, it was sorted by removing the anti squeak shims. The disc make is DBA.
Your kit is doing the same in reverse so should be OK.
Untrue. R32GTR brakes are 296mmx32mm and R33GTST brakes are 296x30mm.

This is why you noticed that things were a bit tight with R32GTR disks on R33GTST calipers - the calipers were not designed to accomodate the extra 2mm disk width!

All big brake kits such as AP/Ksport etc should fit straight on to all 5 stud skylines.

Butuz

·
Registered
238 Posts
ok here's a question i'm tryin to find ferodo ds2500's for my r32 gtr
and found some very cheap that fit a r33 gts
so would they fit my gtr???

cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts