GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there wise and knowledgeable people,

Before people say use the search button i have and cant find the answers to my questions.

My 33GTR needs new brakes and i'm in two minds i have a quote from aztec performance for front and rear performance friction rotors and pads for ~£700 but i have been told i would not see that much improvement over standard?

Or go for a bigger size rotor and calliper ( late 34gtr ones?), i would like to keep my 17's. I don't even know if the later 34 (which i believe are bigger?) will fit the hub or will mounting brackets be needed.

Any advice welcome because i have been given conflicting information and my pea brain cant handle it

Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
R34 brakes are no different (although the N1 rears are slightly bigger)

Most common upgrade is to a set of F40/F50 calipers and split rotors, 380mm for 18's and 300-345mm for 17's.

I drive like a girl on the track, and find that I ride the brakes, and warped upgrade rotors on the R33 brakes and the F40's I had.....I now have a full st of Wilwoods, Moocho Better!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It will be fast road with little track use, i dont have money to waste so want to get it right first time.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fitted new breakes

Well yesterday TNT delivered me a package but i was out, so a dash across to the place in bradford and i had in my possession this,

New Performance Friction front rotors, front 01 pads and Z rated rear pads> they are a awesome bit of kit

So this morning in the rain i got on with fitting them, nice easy job but the rain was nasty to be working outside in. This is one side done on the car

Done some bedding in today and they are just awesome:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
so you ask for advice on the 27th then tell us what you have done on the 28th ?
ok ..:)
What size rotors are they ?
I see they have the factory r33 caliper still

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so you ask for advice on the 27th then tell us what you have done on the 28th ?
ok ..:)
What size rotors are they ?
I see they have the factory r33 caliper still
I asked for advice on the 27th of feb and posted this on the 20th of march so there is a month between??

They are same size as oem because Im not going for big power so I figured standard size would suffice, Nissan would not have put on addiquate brakes to stop the car in standard form.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I asked for advice on the 27th of feb and posted this on the 20th of march so there is a month between??

They are same size as oem because Im not going for big power so I figured standard size would suffice, Nissan would not have put on addiquate brakes to stop the car in standard form.
....On a car that was designed in the 1980's....:sadwavey:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry to hijack the topic but does anyone know much about Nismo R-tune pads in terms of performance, brake dust and noise? I'm thinking of changing mine to that and getting DBA slotted rotors at the same time.

This is for a 33 GTR too. Cheers.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so all you have done is fitted standard rotors to a standard car ?
Glenn it seems you are the grumpy old man of the forum, if anyone asked a question all you come back with is "use the search button" and other patronising comments.

I did not have the money to buy alcon 8 pot or any of the big brake kits that you name whore's on here seem to think that is the only upgrade avalable and worth putting on your cars.

With the PF stuff i do see a marked improvement in breaking and they do seem to dissipate the heat better.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Glenn it seems you are the grumpy old man of the forum, if anyone asked a question all you come back with is "use the search button" and other patronising comments.

I did not have the money to buy alcon 8 pot or any of the big brake kits that you name whore's on here seem to think that is the only upgrade avalable and worth putting on your cars.

With the PF stuff i do see a marked improvement in breaking and they do seem to dissipate the heat better.
Not sticking up for Glenn....He does a good job himself,

But....Read your first post, and then what you have bought, and the whole thread is a waste of time, You ask about better brakes, And then go a buy some rotors and pads....:lamer:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes I got rotors and pads , because I did not have the money for anything bigger, I work hard for my money not pushing pens or sat behind a keyboard all day,and try to make it stretch as far as I can.

All I have read about the PF stuff is all good, and they are better by far than the oe rotors and pads I can tell from just this weekend and they have not bedded in yet so can only get better!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
just because they are oem size that does not mean they are oem quality ive got the performance friction stuff on my 33 gtr and its like night and day a 330mm disc and 4 pot calipers with 2 pots on the rear should be more than adequate on most cars that size. Better quality components will resist heat etc much better and will grip alot better too

i chose these over the bigger calipers option due to reviews saying they out performed some larger brake kits and i can well believe this after using them, they brake as well as my hispec monster 6 kit used to on my pulsar

·
Registered
101 Posts
As from my experience, on some cars I had fantastic results by just upgrading brake fluid, pads, rotors and some braided lines. Still have to do this on my GTR, so, can't say if that will do on this car. But it doesn't always have to be those super big brake kits fo sho, especially if it's not for competitive track racing aso.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I am waiting for my set of Endless CC-Rgs through the post - heard good things about this pad.

Big aftermarket brake kits with the right choice of pad only make sense if you spend alot of time on the track.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts

ok einstein
firstly I cant see where I have asked you to search for an answer ,but fear not next time you ask a question , Ill be in boots and all.

secondly, i was interested in knowing what you came up with as I somehow thought from the first post you were after an upgrade for your brakes, pardonn me for misunderstanding your very first post.

thirdly, i asked if they were standard size rotors as I was wondering if you fitted oversized rotors but retained the standard caliper...

forthly (wtf sp?) you are an idiot but thats not my fault, clearly you have no idea about R34 brakes and are completely unaware that they are the same as the ones you already have on your car.

Im truely sorry if for some reason you cant sort your own shit out and then dont get the answers you think you need.

Looking forward to your next meaningless waste of time thread where you ask for assistance and then just fit new oem parts....
Should be really helpfull for everyone

PS so from 2192 posts , all I have ever done is asked people to help themselves by searching first or only made patronising comments ?
Interesting .....
yet I have made 4 posts in the thread without telling you to search once ....
Im confused, mainly because you are an idiot tho ...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts