GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have recently acquired a stock R33 Skyline V-spec...

it's pretty worn out from 107k kilos..
i'm wondering what kind of maintenence I will have to do to get it into decent condition..

there's some rust around the brake rotors and the exhaust.. so those are my first 2 parts to replace..

i'm thinking about replacing the brakes with a stoptech kit

i haven't found a compatible kit for the skyline.. I'm considering a custom kit with a 3 inch downpipe??

the next thing i plan to do is respray it with 2 tone paint.. 1st color Bayside Blue 2nd color winning blue/ daytona blue

there are some holes on the front grille mesh... so i'll be replacing that as well..

I've also heard that turbos with that kind of mileage and a ceramic bearing tend to fail...

the vehicle already has the following mods when it was delivered:

FRONT & REAR ADJUSTABLE STRUT BRACES.
ADJUSTABLE REAR SPOILER.
A-LSD
AFTERMARKET "NISMO" 320km SPEEDO / TACHO.
RS START" SPORTS ECU CHIP.
TWIN PLATE CLUTCH.
AFTERMARKET SUSPENSION SPRINGS
AFTERMARKET "HID" HEADLIGHTS.
PIVOT TURBO TIMER.
KENWOOD" STEREO/CD

So what do you think my next steps should be?

i'm thinking about replacing the turbos with the nismo r1 turbo kit

maybe a cold air intake?

intercooler??

any suggestions are welcome... all i want to do is to make this skyline street friendly with a bit more power than a stock one..

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
at 107k i would be looking at rebuilding the bottom end before i strap some new turbo,s on and go for more power.

new shells, oil pump, steel headgasket, std turbo,s 1 bar boost, new exhaust system, new air filters and 400bhp @ the fly will be yours..bernie

then new mappable ecu, turbo,s and clutch, injectors, 1.5 bar boost 550bhp @ the fly
that will be the limit of the std pistons .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for what part..?

engine bearing?
turbo bearing?
cylinder bearing?

srry.. i'm pretty new to tuning cars and components of an engine so... would it be possible to be a bit more elaborate?

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Just get the complete engine re-freshed and put bigger turbo's on (2860--5's)for the extra power, job done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts