GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody fitted 350Z front and rear Brembos to an R32 GTR (discs, calipers, pads etc.)? If so, what is involved to make them fit? I assume they aren't a straight fit with my luck :chuckle:

Cheers,

George

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
I think it's been done with a Z32 (has pretty similar set-up to the R32) in the US.

I don't think that the 350Z stuff is much better than R33 Brembos, might be cheaper though.

3,665 Posts
Only the front kit will fit ( you need to fit the rotors and calipers)as the offset of the disc is different. Rear kit has a different bolt pattern for the caliper. I think the caliper piston size is different between the 350Z and the GTR Brembo caliper thouso may not be as powerful.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys, appreciate it :bowdown1:

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
There you go mate.

Oh well at least we know now :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
sorry bringing this old thread up

So here is the thing i am looking to find out , looked all over web but no exact answer

right now i have 350Z with factory brembos on it, car is going to be sold before my 94 R32 GTR gets delivered from Japan

was thinking to remove these Brembo Calipers + Rotors from my Z and use them on r32 gtr ??

by this chart front Z brembo rotor offset is 4.75mm shorter , i can use that size spacers between caliper mount hole and hub mount hole if needed no problems i see here , rear rotors seams to be identical in terms of offset 0.5mm thats nothing , also read that bolts are m14 and need to be redrilled

So after all these can someone give me straight advice if i should keep them ? or it needs more than that to be done? if someone have done this exact swap plz wright you thoughts

these Brembos are free for me , i will put standard non brembo brakes on 350Z and sell it that way

Thx

Dato

·
Administrator
31,752 Posts
I can't find the thread but I'm sure there was a guy who had some adaptors made up.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
The rear calipers won't fit. The position of the bolts on the back is wider. You might be able to get some brackets made up. Also beat in mind that the rear 350 discs won't fit. The hand brake diameter is different.

370 rear discs fit. You'll need an adaptor bracket but Bob at Zealou5 can sort you out there. Of course if you do that you'll most likely want to do something with the fronts to balance out the bigger 370 discs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
thx for reply Chris

i found info on the rear caliper mounting holes doesnt match , i can sort that thing with some brakets made

so you can confirm that front ones can be done as i mentioned yearlier ?

can i use r33/34 gtr rear rotors insted of z33 ones? friend of mine has rear set i can get from him so i wont have truble with hand brake issue ?

let me know on plz

thx

dato

·
Registered
467 Posts
I have 350 discs on the rear of my r34 gtr because it turns out I have N1 rear calipers that need 320mm disc's. No one sold 320mm rear discs for a gtr so I had to try 350 discs out of desperation. And with a shim for the caliper they work 100%,The hand brake works fine. As said before you could get a bracket made for the rear caliper but you would have to change the location of the caliper for this to work.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
thx for reply Chris

i found info on the rear caliper mounting holes doesnt match , i can sort that thing with some brakets made

so you can confirm that front ones can be done as i mentioned yearlier ?

can i use r33/34 gtr rear rotors insted of z33 ones? friend of mine has rear set i can get from him so i wont have truble with hand brake issue ?

let me know on plz

thx

dato
R33 Brembo rear discs are too small (I think 300mm). Only late model R34 Brembo discs are the same size as Z33 (I think 320mm). They are quite hard to source. Last I saw them they were £600 for a pair of discs which for OEM spec was too much to my mind.

I don't think that the fronts will fit as the offset it wrong. I have never tried it...

Personally I'd get a set of front and rear 370Z discs and get brackets made up to mount your Z33 calipers. 370z discs are cheap to buy and the money saved would pay for the brackets (plus you'll have bigger discs which won't hurt).

·
Registered
23 Posts
R33 Brembo rear discs are too small (I think 300mm). Only late model R34 Brembo discs are the same size as Z33 (I think 320mm). They are quite hard to source. Last I saw them they were £600 for a pair of discs which for OEM spec was too much to my mind.

I don't think that the fronts will fit as the offset it wrong. I have never tried it...

Personally I'd get a set of front and rear 370Z discs and get brackets made up to mount your Z33 calipers. 370z discs are cheap to buy and the money saved would pay for the brackets (plus you'll have bigger discs which won't hurt).
thx again for reply

looked over 370z rotors , they are quiet cheap for that size of rotors , but as i see they must be from sport performance models ? they are two kind of them

in this case i will need to make front and rear brackets as well for calipers , thats not a big deal for me , wonder what are the 370z rotor dimensions , diameter offset etc , so i can have close idea of what i will have to do

but anyways , i am going to try these 350Z brembos on friends r32 gtr and will write it here in details whats and how much difference it has compared to r33 gtr

Thx

dato

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
thx again for reply

looked over 370z rotors , they are quiet cheap for that size of rotors , but as i see they must be from sport performance models ? they are two kind of them

in this case i will need to make front and rear brackets as well for calipers , thats not a big deal for me , wonder what are the 370z rotor dimensions , diameter offset etc , so i can have close idea of what i will have to do

but anyways , i am going to try these 350Z brembos on friends r32 gtr and will write it here in details whats and how much difference it has compared to r33 gtr

Thx

dato
370Z has two brake versions. I think that they are normal and sport. Most people seem to call the sport set-up the Akebono brakes (that's the brand).

I forget the exact dimensions but you are looking at 355x32 front and 350x20 rear or there abouts.

If you have the Z33 front brembos and discs already you may as well try them. FWIW R32/33/34 front mounting points/offsets are the same. They are also the same as Z32 and S14 AFAIK.

NB I have the 370Z discs and 350Z Brembos on the back of my R32 now. A good set-up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts