GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped my car off at Nobles on Thursday with 13k on the clock for it's 36 month service and MOT.

Once again despite asking for something rubbish courtesy car to pootle about in (i have an X5 DD), i was given 370Z 12 plate. One thing that strikes me about this car is the amount of road noise that comes in through the cabin. You can't hear the engine/exhaust. Admittedly my car has dynamat so not a fair comparison, but i'd rather do motorway miles at 80 in my car than the 370Z

Anyway, back to the service/MoT

As per usual i provided my own engine, gearbox and diff oil and left my COBB installed. All cool with the guys at Nobles.

My car failed it's MOT on a cracked rear wheel which was replaced under warranty and in time for the scheduled pick up on Sat. I can't remember when this could have happened in the past 6 months. The alignment pre service wasn't that far out either. But happy to have it fixed/spotted.

The service noted my front disks have cracked under heat (more than likely at the Nobles free trackday) but there's plenty of life in my brakes still. And the rear discs have corroded but not needing replaced either.

I didn't get the pollen filter changed this time round - i had mine done by accident out of sync (for free) so didn't bother.

I was actually quoted £350 but it came in less than that including MOT.

Best part is that i was given 1 years European wide breakdown cover with home start. I was looking around for cover as i'm driving to Ireland next week so very happy with that unexpected touch.

Two issues i noted which weren't touched were the sunglasses holder creaking (they couldn't replicate - i should have detailed how to replicate i.e accelerate hard!) and the fuel eco history not working (the units is now covered to 5 years and i never use it anyway)

Once again, very happy with the service even 3 years after paying for the car.

Can't believe it's been 3 years since i picked the car up. Time has flown by. Loving the car. Even more in tuned state (thanks to Ben/Amar/Iain) and will never sell.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Fuel eco history not working on mine either since the 2nd dash change.
You may not remember cracking your alloy because you probably didn't do it!

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fuel eco history not working on mine either since the 2nd dash change.
You may not remember cracking your alloy because you probably didn't do it!
Was there anything else not working that you found after your change?

Ah right, i've not noticed others having cracked alloys, but i guess you have?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Nice one.

Could you confirm what fluids you supplied (ie name and amount) and where you sourced them?

Thanks

David

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice one.

Could you confirm what fluids you supplied (ie name and amount) and where you sourced them?

Thanks

David
3 litres of Castrol Syntax (although you should get away with 2)
6 litres of Motul 5w50 (again i've supplied 5 in previous services)
Both from Opie with 20% off at the moment
As recommended by Eddie :)

Pentosin FFL4 from ebay. Comes in 20 litres container, they use 10. I bought this about 4 months ago.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Yes, I had a cracked rear alloy changed under warranty - was the inner rim at the tyre bead about 20mm long.

Fuel Eco history is the only thing I have not solved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts