GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its not to everyones taste however i wanted to do things differently--something to make the engine bay different from the others without speding thousands more than i have already..The graphics are 3D style from Likwid Art.

The larger graphic is to sit on the sparkplug cover. The centre plate has been cut away and is now replaced with clear acrylic and the Skyline GTR graphic will sit on top which will be lit with a blue cold cahode light from under the sparkplug cover.

The smaller graphic is replacing the twin turbo graphic to show that the car has the R34 N1 turbo`s fitted...

Just a little different.I have everything in place but just need the sun to come out and my hard pipe fitted and i will post a few pics of my polished engine bay which is 100% better than it was last year when i won 2nd place in the R33 section at JAE..

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Rob does a good job.
I remember the car at Japfest 2003 with Likwid art graphics on it. Looked very good. I had a long conversation with Rob last year. Very helpful.
Should look good Mark

·
Registered
820 Posts
I'm not sure! they look great quality. but I'm holding judgement till i see them in in place.

more pics please!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Engine bay

I dont have any pics of the parts in place but here is the engine as it was in the past week or so. Still to get the injectors fitted, buy AFM`s, fit the blue twin turbo hose and the HKS half pipe kit--so dont judge just yet...:) You can see where the smaller graphic will go and the larger one will just sit on clear acrylic on the sparkplug cover.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I've changed my mine I LIKE! I LIKE ALOT!!! you must be well chuffed with the way that's come out?

nice blue hose's where did you get them from?:chuckle:

did we supply the polished cam covers are did you do them? they look nice?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Car

Still got 1 blue hose to go on m8 but im told it has arrived--Many Thanks.:bowdown1: I did all the polishing work myself and just keep them looking nice.You think thats clean you should see under the car arches--Spotless...:chuckle: Now looking at all the suspension parts-upper/lower arms etc to be powder coated before the car gets shown this year.Dropped quite a few points in various shows due to my wheels being kerbed etc but not now...Just give me a week or so and i will post a few pics of the full car and the work i have put in....

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Nice work mark, look forward to seeing it again this year. Looked nice last year..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Car

Thanks Paul, im just hoping i can pull it all together now. Should be around the 500bhp mark and hopefully cleaner than last year. Just got rid of the crappy standard wheel and my god it makes a big differnce with my nice leather/alcantara interior...

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Cool - it's good to see people try something a bit different.
Don't forget to post more pics when you have it finished.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Graphics

Graphics are from Likwid Art.

·
Registered
243 Posts
cheers mate would mind some on my gtr but will need some of that shiny dress up go with it

like Mookistar what were the P's ?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lights fitted

Ok i went out tonight and fitted the plug cover back in place and simply wired the cold cathodes up to a switch so the lights can be on or off. Still not had time to clean the engine, fit the hoses etc back on again and the strut brace but you get the idea.Under this lighting the graphics are hard to see properly but they can be seen in my earlier pics in the thread..

·
Registered
151 Posts
thats an amazing looking engine mate, very original too, i like all the chrome on it as well, keep up the awsome work

1 - 20 of 36 Posts