GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Knowing that this in the weak link in the GT-R box hasn't made it any easier to accept that mine is going.... :( It's been getting worse over the last few of track days, this change is getting more reluctant now, even on the road too.

I just wondered if anybody on here has tried Redline Heavy Shockproof gear oil in their box? Some of you will know that Sean Morris swears by it. I know this won't cure it but if it delays having to do it for a while, great.

Peter.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Surely it is possible to buy replacement gears and rebuild the box ?

you could then play about with the gear sets as well.

hope you find a way.

/Steve

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some of the parts, depending upon the year, are no longer available I'm told but either way, I really don't want to take my box out at the moment. It's driveable, just crunches a bit every now and then.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Gearbox Problems

Peter,
I have two bust gearboxes,both with the same problems,huge crunch into 4th with 5th gear sometimes there but often not.

However,I have one of my boxes being mended at the moment,parts I believe are not an issue for the R33 & R32 but as always I will post when I get it back and let the Forum know.

Henry.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers Henry.

So you feeling 'talkative' this evening, Project X...? :)

Peter.

·
Registered
997 Posts
NOOOOO!

Guy gave me a slap today for even thinking of mentioning Project X.

Getting back to the gearbox problem,when I get my rebuilt box back I am thinking of trying one of the OS Giken or Trust kits in the other box.Its down to price,I will keep my options open and maybe the wife will treat me to one of the above for Xmas:) :) :)

Henry.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Redline is worth every penny. Royal Purple is pretty darn good as well, but if I had the choice it would be Redline.

Sorry, I ment pence. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts