GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing some video footage of my car driving at night from the rear, I realise that I need to start thinking about buying a light kit. However, I believe that myself and several other people on the forum are waiting for a kit that does all 4 lights under braking, as well as all 4 lights at night (i.e. 4+4). However, despite the 4+2 Zele kit being around for ages, and the recent introduction of the GTC kit, I haven't heard any progress on a 4+4 model for EU cars.

Does anybody currently produce a 4+4 kit?

I seem to remember that somebody suggested that the simple purchase of a Nissan US GT-R light set would provide this as they are 4+4 as standard. Is that right? What would the cost of this be? Has anybody tried it? Are there any issues?

Also, Ben has mentioned that it is simpler and therefore cheaper to produce a 4+2 kit. How much more expensive would the production of a 4+4 kit? Since the 4+2 kit isn't too expensive, I'd be willing to pay double for 4+4.

·
Registered
25,971 Posts
You can get the 4+4 kits,

but it requires your lights to be sent back to Japan to do,

hence a) its expensive and b) if your outside jp a real pain

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can get the 4+4 kits,

but it requires your lights to be sent back to Japan to do,

hence a) its expensive and b) if your outside jp a real pain
Thanks. Yes, sorry, I think I remember you mentioning this previously. How expensive? Do you mean "a real pain" in terms of how long it will take?

I'm still interested to hear other options, if there are any?

·
Registered
25,971 Posts
i can price it up for you if you want but its just a real pain because you would be without your car for say 4 weeks,

plus paying internal freight in japan, plus the freight to and from UK to our offices in JP

no one else does a 4+4 kit (as far as i am aware)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i can price it up for you if you want but its just a real pain because you would be without your car for say 4 weeks,

plus paying internal freight in japan, plus the freight to and from UK to our offices in JP

no one else does a 4+4 kit (as far as i am aware)
Thanks. If it's not too much trouble then it would be nice to be able to put a price on it. Others might be interested too. Do you know how it works?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
As an accountant, the cost/benefit analysis tells me that this is a no-go for most folk - however, the std 4+2 is another story!

D

·
Registered
872 Posts
I'd still be interested in 4+4 and if we can get enough people couldn't we spread the cost of a spare light set over the overall cost. That way there would only be the light swap fitting as off-road time........

Might even be able to get a set from a breaker somewhere!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Did anything come of this or is there now a more resonable 4+4 solution available these days?
I am in conversation with Paul Strudwick from Teslayn Engineering with a view to engineer a unit to do just that, apprently the US vehicles work that way as standard, but the Europen ones have a different controller and poss light unit as well. I hope to get a solution without having to send your light clusters off to Japan, I will post again once I know more. :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts