GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...for my R32. It's 12am at nite, been up since 6.45am, I'm knackered and I can't seem to find where I can buy a 4" zorst for mah R23... sorry, r32 (using the search facility). I know the Apexi N1's (GT?)are 3.75" in diameter but I'm after a true 4" system from d/pipe. Anybody now where I can buy one from?

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Do you guys ever make anything or get something made or always get things from a catalouge and pay through the nose for a brand logo?

Why not get a nice exhaust made to suit the car?

Sorry, I just can't seem to get my head round the fact that it seems not much gets custom made in the UK, its all off the shelf and bloody expensive.

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
Do you guys ever make anything or get something made or always get things from a catalouge and pay through the nose for a brand logo?

Sorry, I just can't seem to get my head round the fact that it seems not much gets custom made in the UK, its all off the shelf and bloody expensive.
Cause they mugs with more money than sense :p Harsh, but true :p

Seriously, im used to "other" car scenes where if it dont exist and you need it, get it made, and if it does exist and its a ripoff, people again get it made.

Things progress sooooo slowly as people dont do anything new, just buy whatever the japs will flog em.

BTW, i got a 4inch system, but its a custom made one from the UK...

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SteveN:
BTW, i got a 4inch system, but its a custom made one from the UK...

Exactly my thoughts and future plan for my R32. I made my own compete 3" stainless zorst for my trusty Celica GT4, complete with DP motorsport 3" internal bore, slash cut back box. The trouble I'm having now is finding a supplier of 4" internal bore back boxes that don't cost 500 quid, just cos I've got a blooming liner!!! Steve... where did you get your system built & any chance of a www address or tel number fella?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

Thats a side effect of the cost of living, labour and material prices over here unfortunately Rob. Jap parts ordered from abroad are often as cheap or cheaper than UK-made custom parts.

SteveN, if you have a contact for somebody in the UK who can make a 4" bore silencer for a reasonable price then post it up, a lot of people would be interested.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm pretty sure Steve bought Keith Cowies old system.
stuartstaples

Yes he did buy Keith old system
it also came on his car from Japan
Keiths new system is 5":thumbsup:
if you want to know who made it
he has there name on the back of his car

Bye now

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
So much for Steves UK built exhaust then :p

Tommy F, I know Keith isn't allowed on here to post on here any more but do you know how his car does on noise tests ? Will it pass a 105db limit at all ? I'd contact the company but they don't seem to have an email address on their site.

I've been hunting around for a 4" bore silencer for ages and the only ones I've found which are a semi-sensible price is the ones on here UltraliteMuffler
They only do a 12" long silencer though which is a similar size to my 3" bore NUR Spec R can which fails trackside 105db tests by a long way so I guess I'd need at least 2 of them (more likely 3) and by the time you've chucked the shipping on and the tax and duty.......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hi mambastu

Sorry but anything that i post on here
that links to Keith Cowie
seems to land me in trouble
best to go and find his site or forum
then you can ask him yourself

bye now

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry but anything that i post on here
that links to Keith Cowie
seems to land me in trouble
best to go and find his site or forum
then you can ask him yourself

Rubbish Tommy... any info on where I can get my grubby mitts on a 4" internal bore backbox for reasonble money is vital to me and (now) others on here so get it bloody posted!!!:smokin: I don't CARE if you get into trouble!!!:chuckle: :chuckle:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Question guys. I also plan on getting an exhaust custom made, however my main concern is the DP since I am keeping the twins.

It was always my experience that many shops while they can make a KILLER catback exhaust as well as single DP exhausts, they have issues making a twin DP. Have you guys found that to be true or false?

-Sayajin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts