GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
This didn't work on my 59 plate , the outer lights i think must have some built in resistors to reduce the voltage, so the inner lights just light up as brake lights when wired to above diagram. I am removing the bumper on saturday to fit park distance control so i can see if we can tap into the reduced power on the outer lights.

Graham

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Does anyone have a photo of the kit with side lights on and another with brake lights on too?

I want to do this mod, but want the four rings to be the same brightness.
Saw a GT-R with all four lights on going up the road a few weeks ago (not braking) and the inner ones looked brighter.

I'm after an idea as to how much brighter and the difference between brakes on and off when other lights are on.

So it's mainly a looks thing and a safety thing.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
All the kits are the same. I think the reason the inner 2 appear brighter is because they are closer together than they are in the larger outer 2 rings, so the light is more concentrated, although not actually shining brighter if you follow.

They all light up just the inner 2 and the high level in the spoiler under braking.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
here you go

on braking

i have the GTC kit but as david has mentioned all kits are the same :)
Your pic illustrates why I would not do away with the high level brake light in the spoiler though. Makes it clearer you're braking.

And I slightly take back what I said about all kits being the same, as I believe there was a very expensive kit (that involved sending your light to Japan for modification!) that allowed all 4 lights to glow brighter when braking. But why would you want that? Especially as that would diminish the visual difference between braking and not braking.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Think I would rather buy a few diodes and spend 10 minutes soldering than pay £100 for fundamentally the same thing.

They do look much better with all 4 lights on as sides.

Andrew- what spoiler is that?

Thanks

21 - 40 of 155 Posts