GTR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Your pic illustrates why I would not do away with the high level brake light in the spoiler though. Makes it clearer you're braking.

And I slightly take back what I said about all kits being the same, as I believe there was a very expensive kit (that involved sending your light to Japan for modification!) that allowed all 4 lights to glow brighter when braking. But why would you want that? Especially as that would diminish the visual difference between braking and not braking.
retro fit high level brake light at top of rear screen would work well??

·
Registered
1,426 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
here you go.. http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/140464-my-lightly-modded-35-a-4.html#post1553576

wouldnt worry too much about visibility, i did at 1600mile eurotrip last year and i was on point.. end of the trip i asked the other guys if they had trouble with my brake lights .. all said it was fine and pretty clear
No issues at all.....followed Andrew for a few hundred miles and the "missing" spoiler brake light was not an issue....

I was after a kit that works the same as the MY11+ (all 4 on with the "lights" and then all 4 get brighter on braking).....don't think there is a kit that does it though.....

·
Registered
457 Posts
No issues at all.....followed Andrew for a few hundred miles and the "missing" spoiler brake light was not an issue....

I was after a kit that works the same as the MY11+ (all 4 on with the "lights" and then all 4 get brighter on braking).....don't think there is a kit that does it though.....
I will investigate with diodes and resistors to see what is required then see if I can get some made up. Or just give written instruction on how to wire in the diodes etc.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I will investigate with diodes and resistors to see what is required then see if I can get some made up. Or just give written instruction on how to wire in the diodes etc.
Was after a plug n play kit like the one GTC sells. Weird how the USA cars has this and the UK cars didn't....same with the lights on the side of the rear wings etc...

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
GTC Light loom arrived for me today around 9.45am by 9.50am was fitted so simple.

4 large clips and 1 small from the plastic rear latch cover and then 3 small clips either side behind lights to allow access to the connector and then unplug the 2 clips, plug in the new loom and done.

Arrived next day as well, very simple and effective like the fact I know if I want to revert back to OEM / Standard I can do so in again under 5 minutes.

41 - 60 of 155 Posts