GTR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Right i started to do my 4 light conversion myself, tested the wiring to get the correct wires, then made up an extension wiring harness using deutz plugs, just incase i have to remove it later.
Found all the wiring colours and what they do. started fitting the diodes, to get all 4 lights to work, all was goin well. Then, i was doing one part at a time and testing as i was going, found that when i connected the diode in the side lamp wire and to the inner stop lamp, i could start the car without putting my foot on the brake if the lights were on. Startled me for a bit. Then i found that i had to put a diode back to back in the brake light wire before the other diode. That cured it.
Also found that when it is conected up in 4 light mode, the stop light, inner ones are on brighter than the outer ones, this must be where the voltage regulators are needed, will update my progress as i get more info.
Tony.

·
Registered
440 Posts
In July we are offering free installation of these diodes on every Stage2,Stage4 upgrade or 36 month services, if any of you are interested ;)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Right i started to do my 4 light conversion myself, tested the wiring to get the correct wires, then made up an extension wiring harness using deutz plugs, just incase i have to remove it later.
Found all the wiring colours and what they do. started fitting the diodes, to get all 4 lights to work, all was goin well. Then, i was doing one part at a time and testing as i was going, found that when i connected the diode in the side lamp wire and to the inner stop lamp, i could start the car without putting my foot on the brake if the lights were on. Startled me for a bit. Then i found that i had to put a diode back to back in the brake light wire before the other diode. That cured it.
Also found that when it is conected up in 4 light mode, the stop light, inner ones are on brighter than the outer ones, this must be where the voltage regulators are needed, will update my progress as i get more info.
Tony.
any updates?

·
Registered
223 Posts
OK update time i have altered the wiring on my Auxilary harness for the 4 rear light conversion, got some voltage reducers, rheostat type things, soldered them in line with the extra feed to the inner brake lights, and hey presto it worked. Before i adjusted them down the inner 2 stop lamps were on bright, as i adjusted the screw the inner LED,s went dimmer, i got them to about the same brightness as the outers, COOL. then with them on i put my foot on the brake pedal and hey ho all 3 of the brake lights came on full brightness.
Its late in the evening here in OZ, but tommorow i will post up pics of what i have done.

Tony.

·
Registered
683 Posts
^^ awesome work. Do 4 lights work brighter when your brake too? Or is it just the inner two rings ? Can you please post up a DIY if possible with photos

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Nice. Got a diy?

I wish there was a way of getting the outer ring to work as well when braking.
We are fitting one tomorrow along with some halo's for the headlights so I will take pics and post them up if no one else does in the meantime :thumbsup:

Robbie

·
Registered
223 Posts
When i get back next week i will try something out. RE making the outer lights work as brake lights as well. It may just be the supply voltage, what i was thinking is putting the brake light wire into the outer light and see if it comes on bright, if so it will just be some more diodes. But i cant see it bieng that easy. I know some LED,s work on variable voltage. The ones i have seen work on, say 12 to 30 volts for example.

61 - 80 of 155 Posts