hi

i have a 400bhp (guesstimate) GTR

running 1 bar
hard pipe kit
trust intercooler
trust downpipes
induction kit
trust exhaust

the car will spin all four wheels in wet conditions (even damp conditions TBH) and this does not seem normal going by videos of other skylines i have seen....im not saying i have more power because it does not feel like that but i can light up all four no problems even in a straight line

using the power out of corners just isnt possible, every time it comes on boost it starts to crawl sidways

now i cant see the front wheels spinning from inside the car but if i come out of a tuning onto a main road and go WOT with the back out the fronts seem to pull it straight so the 4 wheel drive seems to be working correctly?

the tyres on the car are bridgestone "blizzaks" which i have been told could be snow tyres?

is any of this normal?

suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,894 Posts
They are mud and snow tyres and useless in all but both cold and wet conditions.

The rubber compound is specifically designed for temperatures near or below freezing.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why would someone fit these to a GTR from japan?....do they have loads of snow there?

the traction in the wet is almost nonexistant..in the dry it just "chirps" the rear tyres changing into second gear

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
why would someone fit these to a GTR from japan?....do they have loads of snow there?

the traction in the wet is almost nonexistant..in the dry it just "chirps" the rear tyres changing into second gear

Depends on where the car came from...could have come from Northern Japan or even Hokkaido...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
mine came with them tyres too. got them changed for cheapies when i got it, going to put them back on in the winter to get some use out of them then change back to my cheap tyres, you will notice if you go for cheap that you understear a bit but you dont usually light up all 4.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Mine will spin in first quite easily in the wet and sometimes second, depending on road surface I guess, so I wouldn't worry too much, (or should I?).

Alex B

Edit: thats with 255.35.18 Goodyear F1's and Toyo T1Rs, both sets do the some, so not cheapie tyres.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Depends on where the car came from...could have come from Northern Japan or even Hokkaido...

is there anyway i could find out....just out of interest, id like to know more history of the car!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine will spin in first quite easily in the wet and sometimes second, depending on road surface I guess, so I wouldn't worry too much, (or should I?).

Alex B

Edit: thats with 255.35.18 Goodyear F1's and Toyo T1Rs, both sets do the some, so not cheapie tyres.
I think the F1's are just about the best tyre i have ever used IMHO, the alloys (stock) sit so far in now with a trust bodykit it looks a bit gay TBH......really must get a set of alloys on the car that look right

from what i have read in the search function im looking for a set of 18/19's with a offset of about 15?

·
Registered
733 Posts
My four tyres spin when running 1.1bar or 1.2bar in the dry. Snakes and slithers for about 30 yards as it grips.

If I run lower boost no problem with spinning.

You can always put your foot down a little less for the conditions.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I think the F1's are just about the best tyre i have ever used IMHO, the alloys (stock) sit so far in now with a trust bodykit it looks a bit gay TBH......really must get a set of alloys on the car that look right

from what i have read in the search function im looking for a set of 18/19's with a offset of about 15?
I've changed to Toyo T1-R and I find them slightly better in the wet and as good in the dry, so I'll be sticking with them in the future! :D

I've got 18x9.5 et 14, do a search of my previous posts for pictures, (I expect people are getting fed up with me keep posting pics of my car!).

To be honest I found very little difference between 17s and 18s handling wise though people say 17s are better.

Alex B

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
Car could be running permanant 4 wheel drive if it's that bad ,transfer box locked up ,not an uncommon problem .If the car has had differant size tyres on front to back at some point in it's life this can **** the transfer box.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Blizzaks are snow tyres and are designed to cold weather and snow. Tyre compound are very soft!

and one snow fun picture for here ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.