GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question, on the dyno whats the bhp to hp loss ?
What bhp to get 400 WHP ?

Been looking through some data but woundering what is a good loss to work to ?

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
for hub power figures add 17.5hp for each hub connected to the dyno to get the flywheel figure.

if its a tyre roller you are on dyno dynamics for instance does estimated flywheel figures which add more due to wheel and tyre friction losses, I think dyno dynamics adds 17.5% to rwd wheel figures to get
the flywheel figure, 4wd something like 22%.

this is where the problems come and ive mentioned this a few times on various forums, when people add for instance dyno dynamics corrections to hub figures the figures are huge and simply
far to high.

made r32 made 415 at the rear hubs so 450 hp crank and that is with the stock afms absolutely flat out and there rated to 450 hp max so not far out.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is where the shoot out mode comes in then ? this value is fixed or is it measured on the run down and used as the flywheel figure. I am only interested in the WHP and see so many posts about the standard internals on my RB26 , so was woundering if the 400 ATW is a good target figure to aim for. Assume MAP and supporting mods.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Flywheel figure means absolutely nothing unless you have put it on an engine dyno. If EVERYONE set their correction method to SAEJ1349 - I believe the intention of that correction is to set a level playing field across different equipment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts