GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Lovely and Trust Me

Very Nice. Lucky git.

I was standing beside a load of these at Mt.Fuji raceway in December last year, all lined up in a few different colours if I remember, AND NEVER TOOK ONE BLOODY PICTURE.

glen

ps. Did get one at the Nismo Factory though :D .

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Hi Blow dog,

In your opinion, can you tell me how the 2.8L 400R's engine compare to normal 2.6L RB26DETT that are tuned to 400HP? Do the 2.8L have lots more torque? Which one is more responsive?

This thread makes me wonder if I should get the R34 500R when it comes out..........umm........:confused:

Thanks ahead. :)

Jeff

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jeff,

Certainly the RB-X GT2 is a much livelier engine. It feels a lot more urgent but most of all, you can feel the difference in engine response. If you have ever experienced the new BMW M3 engine, it's very similar. But as I wrote on the site, it's still restricted and sometimes you can feel that. The car is also a lot quieter so the feeling is muted.

As for the 500R, Dino or Shin may want to correct me, but this will never happen. As far as I'm aware, there are no base cars left to build them from. I think an ultimate car for me would be a NISMO S-Tune, which although would be quite expensive, it would pretty much be what a 500R would have been.

Cem

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Cem...I haven't heard anything else re the 500R:(

Surely you mean the Nismo R-tune...the one that gets all the engine work and R spec turbines....450ps they say but I'm sure that a bit more boost would take care of the rest ;)

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah, but ideally, I'd like a Z-Tune.
If you have the new GTR magazine, you'd see the Blue R-Tune being tested with the white R1.

I shouldn't be reading that magazine at all!

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
Soon Cem, soon ...

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Cem,

Thanks a lot for letting me know how the 400R feels :)

Oh man, a high power turbocharged engine that is as responsive as the new M3 engine.........ahhhhh :eek:

I am jealous of you being able to drive a 400R!

I wish there won't be any 500R, so I would be rest in peace with my VSII Nur. I already ordered 1 too many R34 GTR, please let the Nur be the last :(

Jeff

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Hi Bean,

Oh really, what kind of news have you heard lately about the 500R?

Dino told me you place an ordered for a Nur spec car also, when would your Nur be ready? My V-Nur is schedule to be ready at August.

Thanks!

Jeff

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Jeff,

I couldn`t get a Nur spec. :(
I`m just on the waiting list...If enough people drop off the list due to finance etc then I can get one.

On the 500R, everybody vaguely knowledgeable about the subject seems certain that the absence of sufficient base cars means that it can`t be done.
I don`t mean that I know what the top people at Nismo are going to do, but the felling in the `basement` is that it wont happen. :(

It`ll be great when you get your Nur :cool:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Hi bean,

Sounds like there are quite a few people that ordered a Nur car have problem coming up with the money, I think you have a high chance of getting one. When did you place the order? I place my order on Jan. 28th, 4 days after it was released. Which Nur are you interested? M or V?

Thanks for the info on the 500R :)

Take care,
Jeff

·
Registered
961 Posts
how much is the nur version then ?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Jeff,

Sorry to disappoint you but it`s an M - perhaps I`m getting old.

GU51 - can`t remember how much the V2-Nur is but the M-Nur is 6.3 million yen list.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Don't be silly Bean, everyone have their own preference ;)

I just happen to like it rough :D

All though the now discontinued V-spec II N1 is too rough for me :eek:

Jeff

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
400R to appear in Evo..

..sometime.
Many thanks to Shin and Rob for the opportunity to test the 400R.
That is the realisation of a dream I've had since watching a Best Motoring or Option video back in '96!

To back up what Cem said, this car has phenomenal response and I also liked it's suspension; very direct without jiggling it off the road the way some R34 v-specs do!

There will be some version of my report in Evo soon, but I can't confirm which issue.

A 500/550 unrestricted 400R would undoubtedly be the quickest fast road/circuit Skyline you could buy, it is that good...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts