GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I just bought a R33 GTR.. running I guess stage 1 mods..

Intercooler,
APEXI induction kit
Straight through exhaust system
supposed to be running 0.9 bar boost (but keeps dropping off to 0.65 for some reason??)

Anyway.. is this right for stage1?? about 380bhp?

Should I have the ECU re-mapped to make sure it's fueling correctly and will I benifit from this with better economy /more bhp??
Will I need to buy any extra's or can someone just plug into the ECU and re-map it?

What would I need to do to get to around 450bhp..

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
hi mate, firstly get it properly checked by a tuner, because believe me these engines are not bullet proof if it runs lean it will destroy. secondly for 450 bhp @ the fly you will need the std turbo,s upgrading with steel innards or after market ones like gt-ss, also your injectors will be fully maxed at 450 so really a set of 550cc ones are needed and finally an after market ecu to run it all, unless you have one then a re-map is needed.. thats the basic bits plus odds and sods bernie

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers..
But would i be correct thinking my current setup is about 380bhp??

I want to take it to a tuners soon..

can you recommend any on the southcoast portsmouth area?

Cheers

Lee

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
With those mods and that boost you may be closer to 390/400bhp at the flywheel. My R32 was 311hp at the wheels (about 380 fly) with 0.85 bar, cat in place and std airbox but had a good mapping with an Apexi and PFC by Gary from GT-Art. It's now 436bhp fly with Abbey steel internals, straight thru exhaust, Trust downpipes and trust induction kit and several other bits and pieces with a great torque curve peaking at 385lbft but being sustained and limited to avoid outrunning the injectors.

Like was said above going for 450bhp will ideally require either bigger injectors or an increase in fuel pressure - not sure how the std injectors like having the fuel psi raised although :confused: .

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for that... GT-ART are brighton way right?? that's where I was thinking of taking mine for a once over.. how did you rate them and what did the cost you if you don't mind me asking??

Thank you

Lee

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
GT-Art are good tuners and I got a very safe map at that time. I only needed the Apexi, PFC and a map and that came to about £1000 about 1.5 years ago. I think they do a remap for about £300 to £400 but ain't sure. I would recommend them purely on the grounds that they didn't do anything stupid to my car lol.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Im expecting around 450whp with the R34 GTR but i think my tuning is somewhat off now..

Ive been told that around 400 whp is achievable with the R34 ball bearing turbo's and cams..

Im using

GTSS turbo's
HKS 660cc injectors
HKS intercooler piping
Tomei 1.5mm metal head gasket
Exhaust manifold gaskets and all others HKS gaskets
Apexi GT intercooler
Trust oil cooler
Trust radiator
HKS 264/264 step1 cams
HKS cam pulleys
Blitz Nur Spec exhaust
Autoselect front pipe
PowerFC with RB20 AFM's
Nismo INtank fuel pump
Sard fuel regulator
ARC oil catch can
HKS EVC 4 boost controller
HKS GDMAX Twin plate clutch

I think thats it.. and you should be aiming for 450whp! :clap:

Although ive been told its really pushing the standard internals with that...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts