GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Convoying to JAE with a couple of guys, one of whom will be on said machine, and we're both interested to compare car vs bike :clap:

What do you reckon then? From a standing start? If I launch it properly will I be able to stay close to him?

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
Yes.

If hes amazing at launching it he will get away for a bit as the factory standing start times are storming, like most bikes, but most people cant launch a bike well as its dead hard.
Getting the factory 0-60 and 0-100 times are next to impossible for most riders.

Once up to speed you should stick with him just fine, if its from a 60mph+ rolling start itd not be a prob, maybe go past, I know its possible in a little less powerful but far lighter cars, but should all balance out to be about the same.
Its a very fast motor, but from previous experience you should be ok.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
You should be quicker than the R6 if your running 490bhp as ive had a few runs with bikes R6's,GSXR750's and R1's starting with 450bhp to 550bhp is the power between the 3 size of bike you need to pull away.

Tony

·
Registered
319 Posts
Dont even bother racing bikes, if the guy falls off your in big shit! Did you not remember of the story about the guy in the Evo? who was racing a bike and got jailed as the biker fell off and topped himself.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
I think the new R6's are much quicker than the older R6's too. Book figures are the same but a chap I used to know had an older R6 and point to point my civic type R wasnt that far off (on rougher b roads though my civic was very quick)

I think providing you dont underestimate him and you are on roads that are suitable for the pair of you, then you shouldnt have a problem.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Standing quarter mile for an 05 model R6 is 11.2, the new 06 model has 4 more HP, thats a lot when you've got the power to weight ratio of a motorbike.

·
R35 Section manager
10,980 Posts
I think you will be able to keep up with him,providing there are a few curves in the road and little traffic.

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
It all depends on what roads, state of the road and the rider/driver.

You may beat 1 rider then on the same machine another rider could whup "Ur" Ass.

But if your going to play please pick a suitable piece of road and don,t endanger anyone.

I have raced a few GTR,s but have backed off when it gets silly. Respect each others bit of the black stuff.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Alan said:

You may beat 1 rider then on the same machine another rider could whup "Ur" Ass.

But if your going to play please pick a suitable piece of road and don,t endanger anyone.

I have raced a few GTR,s but have backed off when it gets silly. Respect each others bit of the black stuff.

What bike you got bud? Got a YZF1000R Thunderace at the mo :cool:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Alan said:
What he said.

/takes off stroppy hat having read the first post again properly.
I think you might take him in a drag race. As already pointed out, bikes are a complete **** to launch properly, but ... if they can launch them well beware!

·
R35 Section manager
10,980 Posts
Monster said:
Dont even bother racing bikes, if the guy falls off your in big shit! Did you not remember of the story about the guy in the Evo? who was racing a bike and got jailed as the biker fell off and topped himself.

Not heard about that one,was it recent??

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
In terms of the R6, here's a video of a Kawasaki ZX636R accelerating. It's a bit faster than an R6 but will give a ball park figure. Personally, I reckon with 490bhp, you'll be over 150mph by the time you catch the R6.

The bike takes it easy until 3rd.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/cd11e61c-d02b-4164-941b-cd4bce561420.htm

Note: 100-150 in 7s!! 600s aren't as slow as they used to be. If they were ever slow.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
R33_GTS-t said:
In terms of the R6, here's a video of a Kawasaki ZX636R accelerating. It's a bit faster than an R6 but will give a ball park figure. Personally, I reckon with 490bhp, you'll be over 150mph by the time you catch the R6.

The bike takes it easy until 3rd.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/cd11e61c-d02b-4164-941b-cd4bce561420.htm

Note: 100-150 in 7s!! 600s aren't as slow as they used to be. If they were ever slow.
:bowdown1: . The speedo is out a fair bit as the top speed is meant to be 167mph.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts