GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
My gtr was doing this too ,
turned out the pump for the 4wd system was leaking and loosing pressure !!!!
It would go into rwd only too, couple of copper washers and bleed the system and it was 100%

·
Registered
715 Posts
Sorry to state the obvious, but if your 'mechanic' really knew his skylines then he would have got the fault code from the control units and be working through the workshop manuals for the codes, not just telling you he has reset the ecu.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to state the obvious, but if your 'mechanic' really knew his skylines then he would have got the fault code from the control units and be working through the workshop manuals for the codes, not just telling you he has reset the ecu.
No need to apologise Martin-The mechanic has done the code checking which led to a problem with the throttle postion sensor, which he sorted and the lights are still on.

i was looking for some info from someone who can help me with this problem and not someone to 'state the obvious'! cheers all the same:thumbsup:

·
Registered
715 Posts
The obvious is that the lights are on due to a problem being flagged by one of the control units on the car, not just the engine ecu.

What codes did he get from the ABS/Attesa unit for instance - flashing led on the unit under the parcel shelf?

·
Registered
715 Posts
My point is, you have 3 lights on your dash and nothing else to go on. There are 85 million reasons why these light MIGHT be on. Grab some codes from the units concerned and then you will have a much better idea of the area your mechanic needs to look. Then maybe others that have had the same codes could give there input.

Oh and just for fun, do you have a rear wash wipe on your 33?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My point is, you have 3 lights on your dash and nothing else to go on. There are 85 million reasons why these light MIGHT be on. Grab some codes from the units concerned and then you will have a much better idea of the area your mechanic needs to look. Then maybe others that have had the same codes could give there input.

Oh and just for fun, do you have a rear wash wipe on your 33?
He knows what codes are showing up and i dont!

and yep i do have a rear wash wipe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.