GTR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently the 4wd light comes on, at start some times it comes on and some times it doesnt. and now it stay on all the time.

I have been reading for ages on tying to find what the problem is.

I have check the ATF oil at the back and its fine but I top it up a bit just in case.

Check the tyre pressures just in case one is low.

trying to Read error codes but I cant seem to find it anywhere (R34GTR non Vspec) I know where the R33 one is as it happened once on my old R33 GTR but on the R34 takes the p1ss, or doesnt it have the light anymore???

I have disconnect the battery and the 4wd fuses and then reconnect them and it went off for about a mile and then the light comes back on. but funny enough a few times it never came on, but now it stay on every time and its p1ssing me off big time.............

I have thought about a lose or bad connection on some earth but where are the earth wires for the 4WD is it in the boot or in the engine bay?? if its in the boot where about is it??

or what else could it be??? any ideas please shine some light this way as its bugging me crazy.

Leon.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Have a look under the passengers seat and see if theres wires there that run from the g sensor into the loom on the sill unplug them and plug them back in....
Its a long shot but might be there ..
Im unsure if the 34 is the same setup as the 32 / 33 also ...

Just to reassure you, My car has had a 4wd bug for 10 years ...never fixed it ....
Every so often, one in maybe 20 times you start it, it is in 2wd .....you have to turn the engine off and restart...then the light goes out...
Weird ...
:(
Just have to pay attention before you cane it.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have the same issue, started about a month ago. Comes on at times, when to turn the ignition off and turn it back on, it goes away. Sometimes it doesn't come up for a long distance, doesn't matter how I drive. Usually comes on when on a slow drive or sitting at idle.

Makes me sick and I don't know what to do. the local tuner has had his gadget stolen so waiting for him get a new one to check for a fault code.

Am very pissed. :bawling::bawling::bawling:

·
Registered
820 Posts
I have the same issue, started about a month ago. Comes on at times, when to turn the ignition off and turn it back on, it goes away. Sometimes it doesn't come up for a long distance, doesn't matter how I drive. Usually comes on when on a slow drive or sitting at idle.

Makes me sick and I don't know what to do. the local tuner has had his gadget stolen so waiting for him get a new one to check for a fault code.

Am very pissed. :bawling::bawling::bawling:
A drive to rotorua would solve your problem.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I had this too, I had lots of earths from various bits of kit like boost controllers, afr sensors, stereo, laptimer thingy, all bolted up to the bolts around the gearstick gaitor under the centre console and I also found I had a bolt missing from the front mount of the acceleration / airbag sensor under the centre console.

Tidying up the earths with proper soldered joints and a dedicated earth point and making sure the sensor was properly secured in its rubber mounts cured the problem.

I think often these wierd faults boil down to bits of aftermarket kit and wiring that has been messed with.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the thing is I dont have any gadgets in my car apart from a pioneer headunit..... I drive to work today and for the first time through out the week the 4WD didnt come on and the 4wd work perfectly fine as I can see there is torque going to the front wheel when flooring it, but when I finish work and jump in and it came back.................... :( :( :(
I am going to strip the centre console apart and have a look when I have a free day just to see if there is any lose wiring or earth. is the G sensor in in the same place as the R33?? if so then it shouldnt be too hard to take a apart to have a look.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
it is possible that you have a faulty g sensor. it is at the rear of the center console and will have a small 'bubble' on it. if the bubble has turned red then it has recieved some sort of impact excessivey and will need replacing.

kev

·
Registered
788 Posts
If its ABS, shouldn't the ABS light come on as well?

Am just asking here through logic.

Can someone explain?
My car used to have a 4wd problem , both the 4wd and ABS light come on !!!!
I hada leak at the pump at the back of the car !!!
Fixed it and blead the system , Everything seems to be grand now.:)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what I found out on mine is if the car is cold it will come on, but after a little drive when the car is warm and all oil is warm, turn off and on again and it dont come on. it happen a few times this few days, went to see my friends the 4wd is on all the way to my friends house around 10 miles to pick him up and 5 min later come back start the car no 4wd light drove all the way up no problem, then later drop my friend back home (car cold) the 4wd light comes back on again, then after dropping him off same again start the car after 10min and the 4wd light didnt come on...................... crazy!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts