GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been reading a few post on the 4wd and have checked a few things.

The car has been in the garage to have some work on the engine, remapping etc. The guys working on the said the 4WD light came on whille test driving. Whilst looking at other problems with the car they changed over the ecu from another car then reverted back to mine. They say the 4WD drive was working again. But it isnt and there is no warning light either. I have checked the fluid in boot, and also the fuse(Top left) in the fuse box by the steering wheel.

They also reported there are not fault codes from the ecu.

Anyone have any ideas

Cheers

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
The 4WD light should come on when you turn the ignition on, as a self check system IIRC, as with most cars/systems

But if this does not happen, then maybe they've taken the bulb out completely???!!!...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did wonder if the bulb had been removed. Seems strange how it worked and now it doesnt, and even stranger that the 4wd was fully functional before and now isnt

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
By checking the fluid level in the boot, do you mean the 4WS - Hicas?

If it is the Hicas, you could check that the connectors are plugged into the rear rack... and if they are, that there isn't any dirt or water ingress in them. :)

Don't know if it works on Skyline's, as I've never tried. On Nissans, to check that all lights and needles are working... you leave the ignition off, and press in both of the mileage reset buttons. Then whilst keeping them pressed in, turn the ignition on and keep them pressed in untill you see a change in the dials - ie: Lights coming on etc...

Then try pressing one of the two small trip buttons on the dials... and keep pressing it stage by stage. Every time you press it, it should do something different on the dials. This is a testing procedure to check wether the dials are in full working order.

I don't know if it does work on Skyline's, as I've never tried it... but it works on all other modern Nissans, so I can't see why not.

If so, the warning light should illuminate.

If it isn't working like you say it isn't... you should at least have a warning light on the dials. Like Virdee said ... if this is the case, they have probably taken the bulb out. :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Fluid in the boot is for ATTESSA not HICAS.

Does it light when you turn the ignition?

The ECU will not report codes for 4WD that I'm aware of? It will be the left control box under the rear dash in the boot. Assuming the light should be lit there is an LED on the control unit that will give you a trouble code.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the light used to come on when you put the ignition on, but no more.

I have have a look at the control unit in the boot

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i do wonder if the light has been removed or blown. i have fitted a new battery after the car wouldnt start and was having a job cranking prior.

the 4wd has been working now for a few days, since this new battery.

·
Registered
22 Posts
On R32. The bulb in the dash must be working for the ecu to power up, i had a similar fault with mine. where the bulb had blown.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.