GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend has just brought a 09 uk car, 1000 miles on clock for £50,000 from nr sheffield.

Now thats a cheap car, was in sundays times motoring section.

Anybody here

·
Registered
315 Posts
WOW that is bloody cheap!!! Take it the guy selling was needing a quick sale??!!:nervous:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a theory about used GTR prices. Ive a few mates in the trade and they are telling me to hang on to the GTR (i wasnt planning on selling anyway) once the glut of speculators, unfortunate people affected by the recession (me included!) and non sat nav cars have been swept up, the GTR will be a massively scarce car. I believe MM have supplied around 250 cars so far of the 1000 or so which were due pre xmas 09. After 09 there is I believe around 400 per year coming in. That isnt alot of cars. In Jan the price rises to 61.5k ish after the VAT rise and the waiting list will be over 6 months. Well maintained low milage cars wont take a big hit in the first 12 months. My mate told me, after 20 years in the car industry, that he cant tell me what cars are worth today as the second hand market is actually rising. This wont last but the second hand car market is one of the purest forms of trading where supply and demand affect prices massively. Next year demand will rise as liquidity increases and supply will reduce. Make your own minds up. Id get in now as there are bargains around as desperate people get out of the market.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine's going back to the supplying dealer in the next couple of weeks. Will be on about 3500 miles then. £50k.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Can i ask why you chaps seem to be bailing out so early ?. There seems to be an awful lot of GT-Rs for sale on Pistonheads. Is it the servicing costs, the Nissan warranty restraints, coupled with transmission troubles ?. It seems strange, that a lot of chaps have waited an eternity for their cars to arrive, and so many are now selling up.Have you all just had enough of them, or did they not live up to expectations ?.Im just really interested in your views and opinions, regards, SIMON.:confused:

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have a theory about used GTR prices. Ive a few mates in the trade and they are telling me to hang on to the GTR (i wasnt planning on selling anyway) once the glut of speculators, unfortunate people affected by the recession (me included!) and non sat nav cars have been swept up, the GTR will be a massively scarce car. I believe MM have supplied around 250 cars so far of the 1000 or so which were due pre xmas 09. After 09 there is I believe around 400 per year coming in. That isnt alot of cars. In Jan the price rises to 61.5k ish after the VAT rise and the waiting list will be over 6 months. Well maintained low milage cars wont take a big hit in the first 12 months. My mate told me, after 20 years in the car industry, that he cant tell me what cars are worth today as the second hand market is actually rising. This wont last but the second hand car market is one of the purest forms of trading where supply and demand affect prices massively. Next year demand will rise as liquidity increases and supply will reduce. Make your own minds up. Id get in now as there are bargains around as desperate people get out of the market.
:clap::clap::clap:

Are you listening doubters!!.

·
Registered
168 Posts
How true do people think this is?, i heard the car game is on the way up!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts