GTR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
59ers are coming up for MOT and service time. So time for that thread asking what's the

I'm going to Nobles who are going to do 54 and 60 month services at same time.
So I need
Engine oil (usually motility 5w50) filter, sump washer
Diff oil
Transmission oil (I have ffl 4 left over from last year)
Brake fluid
Brake hoses
Spark plugs.

I've decided to not bother with the pollen filter.

What would you guys recommend

All advice help welcome. Ta

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Updating my own post...sad i know. But might help others.

NGK SPARK PLUG ( 93026 ) DILKAR8A8 | eBay

£20 each rather than £169 from dealer.

Braided hoses. They are Goodrich ones in the GTR Shop £225 which are cheaper than the dealer supplied OEM ones.

Brake Fluid - 1 litre of Gulf RF1000 Gulf Competition RF1000 racing brake fluid £25 (need to see what offers are on at opie when i order) v Dealer £62

Oil Filter is £10 from dealer - can't really beat that.

Pollen £54 and Air filters are £32 - but i don't need those changed.

Only thing left is to sort Diff Oil.

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Speak to ACspeedtech about braided hoses. Much cheaper than £225 and the ones he supplies/fits will fit perfect. Think I paid about £100 for mine from him.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Hi there,

I am also having a similar service next week... 60 months...
I will be doing it locally and not in HPC.
I decided to switch to Motul oil this time...been using OEM Mobil1 0w40 all this time.
I chose Motul 300V Competition 5w40.
When you look at the Nismo GTR, it uses 5w40 (oil is branded Nismo) and it is produced by Motul...
I am 99% sure that it is the same oil as Motul 300V 5w40, just repacked.
Will also swap the brake fluid to Motul RBF 660.
I will use OEM spark plugs and OEM diff fluid.
My tranny oil will not be changed this time cause I changed it recently and had solenoids cleaned (Willal).
I will not be changing brake hoses, relly don't think it is necessary.
Air filters are K&N so I will just wash and reoil them... (If they are dirty) - take that in consideration, rather than OEM filters

·
Registered
723 Posts
We will see how it behaves...
I will be changing it every 10.000 kilometers or 1 year, the same as I was doing with Mobil 1...

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been using Motul 5w50. Might just go back to Mobile 1 as cold start performance is going to be more important over the next 6 months.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Switched from Mobil1 to Motul 300V Power 5W40 today...
Will post some impressions after some spirited driving...
Will see if it still consumes oil and how much...

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Tranny fluid is every 18k miles unless you smoke it.
Spark plugs are at 60k miles, not time interval.
Brake lines are up to you, but good for 60k road miles.
:eek:

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tranny fluid is every 18k miles unless you smoke it.
Spark plugs are at 60k miles, not time interval.
Brake lines are up to you, but good for 60k road miles.
:eek:
I'm on my 4th tranny fluid change without zoning smoking it. After this I think every 2 years for me.

No harm in spark plugs and brake lines at 5 years. No plans to sell. So all done for me.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hey Guys
Mine is set for its 54 month service currently at 27k. Having just returned from 2 days at Spa I've caught it just right for this as Tranny & both diff oil's are changed. I have used Mobil 1 engine oil and found it very good on track. Temps were in the high 80s and over the course of the 1100 mile round trip and the 2 hard track days I used around 0.75 ltrs, so not bad IMO. I have 10ltrs of this so will use for tis service.
I'm also getting the brake fluid changed. have been advised Super Blue brake Fluid. Anyone had experience on road / track with this?

With regards to the Transmission, I hit temps of 125 and then had a cool down lap and then in to pits to allow car to cool. I'm a little vague when it comes to tranny oil but was told that there is a particular oil that not only protects the box at very high temps but allows the box to run cooler? Would that be Pentosin DCT oil?

Any advice appreciated

Cheers
Louie

·
Registered
540 Posts
I've found out its Willall WR35TML, which I have now ordered 10 litres of. Am also going for the WR35DF-75/140 Diff oil and have ordered 3 litres of that.

Wasn't cheap but together with protecting, enhancing the car it also means far less changes of both oils, so you actually save £££ in the long run and have a far better protected Transmission & Diffs

Cheers

Louie

Now eating road kill for the next week!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
The list I use:

- Shell helix 10w60 Racing (been on this for near three years now) or Fuchs 5w50 if you really need a 5w.
- K&N or HKS oil filter
- Diff oil - castrol or similar 75W140 GL-5 LS
- TM oil pentosin FFl4 (from BMW dealer)
- Castrol SRF Racing brake fluid (not cheap but, will hold in any conditions)
- Brake hoses I use steel braided from AP racing cost nearly nothing like 120 quid for all.
- Spark plugs I use the original DILKAR8A8.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hey Enshiu:wavey:

Is the shell helix ok for normal day to day use or just for tracking etc.? What's the benefits of using this oil as opposed to the Mobil 1 OE oil?

Interesting as my pal has a 458 Italia and uses the same oil!!!:bowdown1:

Cheers
Louie

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Hey Enshiu:wavey:

Is the shell helix ok for normal day to day use or just for tracking etc.? What's the benefits of using this oil as opposed to the Mobil 1 OE oil?

Interesting as my pal has a 458 Italia and uses the same oil!!!:bowdown1:

Cheers
Louie
better oil pressure and as it is a 10w you can use it anywhere.

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
well 5w50 is minimum to use. it wont go low as -5°C here so my oil is fine here in my conditions.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts