GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people, can anybody out there put my mind at ease :confused: The stock yellow Nissan injectors fitted to my GTR where leaking quite badly through the plastic body (the hole just below the plug) Not wanting to end up in a Skyline fireball on my way to work, I have changed them out......:) Only thing is, I have had to put in my 550cc injectors which I had lying in wait for my other upgrades..... bigger turbos etc. My question is, can I run these injectors with std. turbos boosting to 1 bar? It would be my understanding that the ECU would alter the fuelling to suit the airflow so as not to run too rich.......yes.....no.....???? If so how quickly would the ECU "learn" if at all, and would I need or be advised to reset the ECU????

Thanks in advance for any info.

Cheers, Cornhoolio

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
With my limited experience, you may find the car wil run rich

As your ecu is mapped for 444cc injectors

Which will open and close differently from you new 550cc injectors

I'm sure others will give you a better explanation

Its only a small adjustment, but will need mapping in

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Hi again.....

Looking at what you are doing...are you trying to add bits in stages??????

If so, this wont work....and you will end up going over things several times over

My advice is to get the parts, make a nice pile with them

Preferably in the kitchen, then each time you go in the kitchen it looks like a japanese tuners dream :D :D :D

You will get excited about fitting them, and then borrow the money to do it straight away

As you can't contain yourself any longer :D ;) :p :eek: :rolleyes:

Don't know where i got that story from.......:eek:

And I am single now......just the mistress R32 :(

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
whoflungdung said:
Hi again.....

Looking at what you are doing...are you trying to add bits in stages??????

If so, this wont work....and you will end up going over things several times over

My advice is to get the parts, make a nice pile with them

Preferably in the kitchen, then each time you go in the kitchen it looks like a japanese tuners dream :D :D :D

You will get excited about fitting them, and then borrow the money to do it straight away

As you can't contain yourself any longer :D ;) :p :eek: :rolleyes:

Don't know where i got that story from.......:eek:

And I am single now......just the mistress R32 :(
Hello again mate, no I was not trying to add bits and bobs in stages, it was just some of the std injectors where leaking fuel so badly it was becoming very dangerous!!! I had the 550's sitting in my pile of tuning goodies in the kitchen (must be a man thing LOL :D ) I have bought my Power FC, 550 injectors, fuel pump and couple of other bits and bobs, I was just waiting to pool enough spare cash (cash the wife doesnt notice vanishing from the bank :eek: in dribs and drabs) to get my turbos etc. Do not really want to spend another bunch of cash on more sh4gged std. injectors like the ones I ended up buying from a nice chap on here........:mad:

Will just have to bite the bullet, put the motor off the road for the meantime and get on with some extra OT's!

Dont think I will tell the wife about my demanding mistress Skyline, pregnant women can be soooooooo touchy! :D

Cheers

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Oh man...you must have big cahoonas!!!

A wife, a baby and a skylark!

I'm surprised you can walk with those cahoonas...:D

Yea..the kitchen thing.....it just bugged me in the end...all that kit just sitting there

You know it makes sense...get 'em on!

I used to have savings....now I have a Skyline ;)

Ps should have bought my injectors then!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will have NO cahoonas if the wife sees any of this...............:eek:

Bl00dy expensive malarky these Skyline things once they get a hold of you!

Joking apart, yes mate, you are right again, should not have been such a tight ar5e and bought your injectors :rolleyes: ..........do you still have them...........only mucking :D

Cheers

Cornhoolio

R32 GTR - Lying on the drive......bu66ered again.........Ho Hum :D luvitreally

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Cornhoolio
I have a middlehurst chipped Ecu here that runs 550 injectors.
I could lend you that if you like. It will keep you on the road until you are ready to fit the rest of the bits.
Shame I didn't read this earlier as Ive been up in abz twice this week
Cokey :)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cokey said:
Cornhoolio
I have a middlehurst chipped Ecu here that runs 550 injectors.
I could lend you that if you like. It will keep you on the road until you are ready to fit the rest of the bits.
Shame I didn't read this earlier as Ive been up in abz twice this week
Cokey :)
Cokey mate, you have PM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts