GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I'll have to remember to watch that one (if Paula ain't watching that Derick Acorah crap on Living TV ! LOL !)

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I assume it's that Saph Cossie ? (otherwise I doubt you'd have mentioned it :) ).

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Daz said:
I assume it's that Saph Cossie ? (otherwise I doubt you'd have mentioned it :) ).

LOL!!

Daz, you need Sky+ ;)

Lynchy, its on tomorrow night at 11.55pm iirc?

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I wrote to Evo mag to tell J.Bovington he picked the wrong car for the 8 minutes - he should have picked a GT-R - I was proved correct :smokin: 8:23 - ffs a standard R32 can beat that! 5th gear should have picked a GT-R also :D

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Dave_R1001 said:
LOL!!

Daz, you need Sky+ ;)

Hopefully i'll get to watch it .... if they clash then she can watch Living+1 and watch hers after ;) (although then it'll clash with American Chopper).

Only had NTL for 2 months .... not going Sky+ :)

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
skyline69_uk said:
5th gear should have picked a GT-R also :D
Was a "Who can do 200mph+ at Woodbridge/Brunters for under 30k spent"

Dont know of a single Skyline in the UK that can do that, yet, and they blatantly spent far more than that on the Esprit.

Other cars on there too, inc Fensport Corolla, and an RX7.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
200mph for under 30k ???

Piece of pish - as long as you dont want it to last forever !!!

R33 with a T78 and V-Pro will easily get 650-700bhp. Make sure you have fractionally bigger rims and tyres to get over geared and it shouldnt be a problem. Hell, Ronnie was doing 200+ when he was still on a similar power level at Brunters 3 years ago. Jez Quick did exactly (might have been a big Apexi though) this and was running Ronnie levels of power at the time, although didnt have quite the quarter mile times to match.

I doubt you would get past 25k assuming you bought the car for 12k in the first place and did bearings, shells, bolts, studs, gaskets, fuelling on a car with a decent exhaust and filters and maybe an intercooler - as is pretty common. 30k maybe if its totally standard to start.

J.

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Agree with Bladey, done RIGHT im 100% can do a genuine 200+ (in the confines of Brunters) in a GTR for well under 30k.

Infact under 20k IMO.

Just most spend far far far far more... (far)

PS

far

PPS

whos Jez quick? did he ever do a proven 200+ run?

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Jez Quick had an R33GTR which he ran at TOTB2.

Standard car with minimal extras but bolted a T78 (or similar) to it with fuelling and only bits required to increase performance to suit. He was almost doing it to see what it would take as I recall.

And no - I dont think it ever did those kinds of speeds, but was doing decent 1/4's and was generally putting out 650+ iirc which would just about see you get to 200 in a 33 with a decent run (Woodbridge almost certainly, and most likely Brunters too !!). As i said, Ronnie with 700ish was the fastest the car ever was on top end before he changed gearboxes. 209.6mph bouncing off the rev limiter - again iirc.

J.

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Think you'l find the useable distance at Woodbridge is actually slightly shorter than Brunters, even when using that rough bit to launch the car in.

Mark from Datron checked it all out recently with the equipment.

Lot of big power Skylines have been to Brunters before, only one has ever done 200mph or more there IIRC, and thats Rocket Ronnie.

205mph.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I have a video somewhere of Ronnies 209.6 mph run (think it was for Fast Car magazine ... Glen and Henry were there too ... and a rather quick bike too).

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Did any other Evo readers also think that the M3 was the wrong choice for a sub 8 minute Ring car?

1 - 20 of 84 Posts