GTR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Lads
Lots said about my Cossie in this Topic most not true.

Power wise it has 660bhp on pump, 700+ on 106ron & a 150 shot of Direct port nitrous with the bottle heated to 1000psi each run that 150 would be very conservative, so you tell me what Power it has got. Able to reach 200 inside a mile we have not yet had a dry run to find out what it can do. The
5th gear run was done in very slippery conditions & full grip & hence Nitrous was not used till past 185mph. I think 212/213 is the probable peak for this car & if we achieve this at Brunters it will be a new record the Macca holds it at 211mph so im told.
The most annoying comment on this Topic said about my curbed alloys, they were new from a Sponsor just for the run. It aint a bag of nails & was a show car until 3 years ago. It runs fully trimmed + extra sound deadening because at 60years of age i cant stand the Din, its used as a road car , sometimes to commute to work. So far 19 Topspeed runs have been timed so its also reliable. I did 1 of the 3 runs at 5th gear reached 193mph & was not going any faster the Fensport car did 187mph, Mark is just plain Bonkers behind the wheel & 99.9999999999999% of drivers could not have done that run.
Thanks for letting me post on your Forum.
Cheers Rod

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
MADRod said:
Hi Lads
Lots said about my Cossie in this Topic most not true.

Power wise it has 660bhp on pump, 700+ on 106ron & a 150 shot of Direct port nitrous with the bottle heated to 1000psi each run that 150 would be very conservative, so you tell me what Power it has got. Able to reach 200 inside a mile we have not yet had a dry run to find out what it can do. The
5th gear run was done in very slippery conditions & full grip & hence Nitrous was not used till past 185mph. I think 212/213 is the probable peak for this car & if we achieve this at Brunters it will be a new record the Macca holds it at 211mph so im told.
The most annoying comment on this Topic said about my curbed alloys, they were new from a Sponsor just for the run. It aint a bag of nails & was a show car until 3 years ago. It runs fully trimmed + extra sound deadening because at 60years of age i cant stand the Din, its used as a road car , sometimes to commute to work. So far 19 Topspeed runs have been timed so its also reliable. I did 1 of the 3 runs at 5th gear reached 193mph & was not going any faster the Fensport car did 187mph, Mark is just plain Bonkers behind the wheel & 99.9999999999999% of drivers could not have done that run.
Thanks for letting me post on your Forum.
Cheers Rod
Hi Rod

Welcome to the forum,you and Mark have done wonders with
that ford of your's,Mark named his company well MAD

Well done ;)

Keith

·
Registered
11 Posts
bladerider said:
Nice first post Rod,

Wlecome to the register.

I am slightly confused by what magic abilities Mark has to drive in a straight line and change gear occasionally though !!!

:D :D :D

J.
Try doing 200mph in the wet & you will know, it was like drivin on ice.
Wheels spinning up to 180+. The Fensport car can do 200mph in the dry & managed 187 thats 13mph off its best, i ran 193 which is also 13 off my cars record Topspeed. Mark ran within .08mph of the Cosworth Topspeed record in wet/Slippery conditions. Believe me he's a Freak.:smokin:
Rod
ps. Ive done 200+ at Brunters no probs, but in the dry.;)
Cheers Rod

·
Registered
11 Posts
keith said:
Hi Rod

Welcome to the forum,you and Mark have done wonders with
that ford of your's,Mark named his company well MAD

Well done ;)

Keith
Thanks Kieth nice to get a welcome from the Topman.
Rod

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have seen it on my computer i have the full episode on my computer´s harddisk.
And it's was nice to see tiff needell got his ass kicked by a ford sierra and a toyota corolla.
Mark shead has the balls to drive 206 on a wet runway i love that.
The fifth gear now nothing about engines they should have gone for a full rebuild low comp engine steel gasket the full works etc.
Love live the mad sierra and the fensport corolla top cars both.
:p ;) :p

·
Registered
253 Posts
bladerider said:
200mph for under 30k ???

Piece of pish - as long as you dont want it to last forever !!!

J.
Totally agree with bladerider but i'm guessing Top Gear chose the Lotus as it's 1. British and 2. Turbo charged.

Not many other countries could take a home grown sports car and wring 200+mph out of it for 30k ish. Out of the big guns in car production, Japan, Italy and Germany would do well, France would be royally fcuked! :D

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
England would be quite well placed.

Cossie has shown it can be done, and you certainly would get it alot cheaper second or probably fifth time around now.

I expect a 750bhp yank crate engined TVR would do it with ease and might be cheapest option of all if you used a wedge (not sure about the aerodynamics though) as the donor.

Top Gear nitrous'd an XJS up with 350bhp extra, so that should be knocking on the door of 200mph and that was something mental like an all up cost of 3k !!! It was doing 11second quarters iirc.

I expect a XJR or XKR could also be tuned a bit - obviously the saloon would be much much cheaper, but ubsure again on the aerodynamics of each car, but I expect they would be able to support 700bhp for a short (very) time with simple extras like pistons, gaskets and such !! :D :D :D

You could probably get a Bentley upto insane levels of performance easily enough, and I expect you could chop a ton+ of weight out of it without trying too hard. They're 6.75litres to begin with so you would only need 100bhp/litre to get near the 700+target.

J.

·
Registered
11 Posts
GTR R34 said:
Madrod you schould put taxi sign on your sierra and you have the world fastest taxi.
How is to drive the cossie on normal roads??
And how far can you push the cosworth topspeed record??
:cool: :p

Given a dry run i think we have the horespower to reach 212/213 no more im afraid car as done 210 unofficially so the aim is to pass that officially.
Can i say i think you are all under estimating how difficult it is to reach these speeds in less than 1.5miles. I think the Rocket fell short of 210.
Even the Porsche Yellowbird ran out of steam at 194 & A 360 Modena only reached 170mph.
Needs King Keith to give it a go & see what he can achieve.
Rod

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Hi Rod

If we didn't have the small problem at Brunters when mapping the car
we would certainly have opened a few peoples eyes with the speed of the car.
I cant wait to get the Datron timing gear fitted to my car next year.

To Give you a idea the car was doing 9000 revs in 6th / 217 mph:eek:
we were not using the full straight only the part from where the circuit joins
the main straight then accelerating for about 1/2 mile.:D :D :D

I guess that you will know this anyway,Mark will have told you;)

Keith:smokin:

·
Registered
11 Posts
keith said:
Hi Rod

If we didn't have the small problem at Brunters when mapping the car
we would certainly have opened a few peoples eyes with the speed of the car.
I cant wait to get the Datron timing gear fitted to my car next year.

To Give you a idea the car was doing 9000 revs in 6th / 217 mph:eek:
we were not using the full straight only the part from where the circuit joins
the main straight then accelerating for about 1/2 mile.:D :D :D

I guess that you will know this anyway,Mark will have told you;)

Keith:smokin:
Im well aware Keith :smokin: , its very strange to have a car as fast as mine as the second fastest car my tuners helped to prepare. Mark recons i may just have the legs of Leons Supra at the mo so im happy with second spot.;) .
Rod

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I ran today at Brunters in the lovely cold temperatures.

Hit 200mph through the timing beams three times, then Henry drove my car to 201mph so I did 202mph:D . Was very pleased to finally hit the double-ton within the confines of Brunters. Not as fast as you boys, but not bad for a track setup Porker with a/c and Satnav running 1.1bar.

Guy

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Nice one Guy, I know that's been a target of yours for quite a while now, pleased that you made it in the end, great result...

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Thanks Peter, I think I shouted with delight to myself for about a minute in the car on the drive back after doing it, having been so close for so long.

I'll upload a data-trace later.

Guy

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Here's the data-logging from the car on a 201mph run.

I've been in and examined the data, which it holds to the 1/100th of a second and from the graphs and the data you can see that at 200mph it was still gaining a staggering 1.4 mph every second :eek:

Guy

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
did you change anything to meet the target, i thought you would be always limited due the gearbox? Did you have the Ruf extended ratio's fitted?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
With the Ruf conversion the rev-limit is raised to 7,150rpm, which means it hits the rev-limiter at about 215 indicated (208-209 true), which Ruf have done twice to test it. The longer 6th gear (if it was fitted) would allow it to hit the true top speed of about 215-220mph (provided there was enough distance, probably 3-4miles.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts