Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

Time has come to part with my dog. Breaks my heart but due to a longer commute to work now I don't think its fair to keep him.

I originally imported him from Bulgaria with EU passport and certificates at a cost of 2150 euros excluding travel expenses. At the time I wanted the best blood lines money could buy. He is fully house trained including basic obedience sit, down, stay etc. His current feed is Royal Canin Maxi Junior. I have all bedding, worming tablets and flea treatment for him.

I want him to go to the best home as he does deserve it, as does any dog. Its a shame my personal situation has changed but there's only me and him in my house so no one else to look after him. He generally has made my home feel more alive and not so empty.

Sire: Tahi Reme Max http://www.tahirememax.com
Dam: Jenifer betelges http://www.betelges.net

Father is now IPO and International Champion

Picture of his father so you get a good knowledge of what he will look like once fully grown:

£1500

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what age was him when you cropped his ears?
I didnt crop his ears. This was carried out by a qualified Vet in his home country before I brought him. This has been carried out for 120 years as per the original true doberman. Docking has been made illegal in the UK since 2007. Hence dobermans walking around that resemble nothing of the original breed.

Opinions are opinions :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
smart looking dog Wade

sorry to hear about why you can't keep him.. hope you find him a nice home

may i suggest Doggy Day Care, we have one local to us and it has been a god send with me working full time.. we pay about £300/month for it

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I didnt crop his ears. Docking has been made illegal in the UK since 2007. Hence dobermans walking around that resemble nothing of the original breed.

Opinions are opinions!!!!?????? Wtf
it's been made illegal for a friggin reason chum!

Animal cruelty, right on :rolleyes:

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Opinions are opinions!!!!?????? Wtf
it's been made illegal for a friggin reason chum!

Animal cruelty, right on :rolleyes:
I could rise to this but I cant be bothered 'chum'.

Actually you have struck a nerve so I am going to go there. Why is it on my walks with him nobody really says anything. The keyboard warriors strike again!

So please define your definition of animal cruelty. To me this is animal cruelty...

Have you actually saw a doberman with its tail? The amount of doberman owners that hate their tails for this reason...

The ears... do you know this has been going on for 120 years now? Do you know much about who created the breed and for its reason? Please dont be naive in thinking that somebody has hacked his ears in their kitchen. This has been carried out by a skilled vet under sedation.

Now what are your thoughts on circumcision? If the government made that illegal would you automatically think its cruel. Just because the government makes something illegal doesn't mean every other country thinks the same. I am sure peoples thoughts on Magnum PI wasn't 'oh thats animal cruelty im not watching this show'. Seriously some people in this country are sheeps that agree along with whatever the goverment thinks. 'Oh the goverment says that its cruel... I must think like that' seriously?!

I have been commended on numerous occasions for owning a true doberman. To me I would still love him with ears and tail. Like I originally said before you trolled my forum post, opinions are opinions.

/Rant over

For those that have messaged thanks for your lovely comments. He is an adorable Doberman just a shame I can no longer be with him.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
smart looking dog Wade

sorry to hear about why you can't keep him.. hope you find him a nice home

may i suggest Doggy Day Care, we have one local to us and it has been a god send with me working full time.. we pay about £300/month for it
I might call around and see what the prices are in my area. I wish I was on your surgeon salary though Andrew! haha :) I might message you about something if thats okay?

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
I've had a breeding pair of Dobermans in the past and they are amazing pets, it's the owners not the dogs that give them a bad name.

He's a beauty Wade, I can see similarities with both my pervious dogs and if you get stuck homing him, give me a shout.

·
Administrator
31,760 Posts
We are never comfortable with people selling dogs in here. If the dogs welfare is priority then the price should be irrelevant. Find him the right home first, worry about the money last. If the right owner can't afford him, take the hit.

IMHO

Mook

·
Registered
471 Posts
Proper Doberman :)
I had a boxer who I got far too early as a pup because his mum died so I hand reared him myself.
At that time it was fully legal for me to have him docked but as he was a pet I decided to leave it, he was forever knocking everything over with his tail as it was so strong and although it was never as bad as the pics above he injured it a lot of times and I've seen bloody marks like that on the walls.
It depends on the breed as most dogs tails including my own are softer and the seem to carry them differently, his was solid at used to swing violently.
Dobermans have quite a similar one by what I've seen.
J

·
Registered
634 Posts
Tail docking can and does in many instances prevent the dog from having MORE pain and distress than not having it docked.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I didnt crop his ears. This was carried out by a qualified Vet in his home country before I brought him. This has been carried out for 120 years as per the original true doberman. Docking has been made illegal in the UK since 2007. Hence dobermans walking around that resemble nothing of the original breed.

i only ask at what age was it done because of the picture with his ears wrapped, he's stunning looking, glad to hear he sold

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
He has sold guys good luck to his new owner.
Firstly thanks for telling the forum for me much appreciated. Secondly let's shame you in the fact you was comparing him to other dogs and trying to knock me down to 750 quid as according to you top blood lines like mine go for this kind of money. Thirdly someone that registers just to private message me starts to ring alarm bells. Your only post since registering is in my thread. BELLEND comes to mind...

Anyway now I've said my bit I just want to say how much I have appreciated you guys supporting me in the sale. This forum has some top members and I'm proud to be a part of the group.

Yesterday his new owner came and collected him. They was a lovely family that brought along another doberman for him to see. They was loving and loyal and I am so happy he has somebody that doesn't want to profiteer from him or to fight. He is simply going to be a pet.

Over the past week I have had numerous idiots trying to buy him. It's now a relief to know he has gone to a good home.

Thanks to the mods also for allowing the thread to stay open. If you could now close the thread it would be much appreciated :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.