GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to get a general idea how many people just have their GTR serviced every year, and if anyone forsees any issues with switching from 6 month services to 12 months?

Basically I only do about 4000 miles a year in it, so a service every 2000 miles seems a bit extream, but I dont want to change if its likely to put of any potential buyers in the future

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
I just wanted to get a general idea how many people just have their GTR serviced every year, and if anyone forsees any issues with switching from 6 month services to 12 months?

Basically I only do about 4000 miles a year in it, so a service every 2000 miles seems a bit extream, but I dont want to change if its likely to put of any potential buyers in the future
Depends how you use it - 4k miles on the track vs. 4k motorway miles - loads of difference.
Once out of warranty I'd go to 12 months

·
Registered
683 Posts
Although I dont do many miles ive still kept mine on the 6 months as I didn't want to put of any potential buyers and when I come to sell it

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its 4000 miles road driving.

Are people put off though if its properly serviced every 12 months???

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, I have a MY12 and I'm sure they get serviced every 12 months.. Anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
522 Posts
I stick to every 6000 miles or yearly now. It usually takes me around 10 months to cover 6k. My car has now covered 25k miles and has been serviced 7 times which i dont think would put anyone off!.

I had been advised by both Middlehursts and Litchfield to switch to the later cars 12 monthly service schedule once out of warranty as the every 6 month thing was just a con.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
I stick to every 6000 miles or yearly now. It usually takes me around 10 months to cover 6k. My car has now covered 25k miles and has been serviced 7 times which i dont think would put anyone off!.

I had been advised by both Middlehursts and Litchfield to switch to the later cars 12 monthly service schedule once out of warranty as the every 6 month thing was just a con.
My issue with that is trying to remember to do it.... currently, I have Feb/Mar and a Sep/Oct service. Also means I get to fit "extra" parts every 6 months :D

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I get mine serviced every 6 months. Could switch to 12 months no problem but i just feel that changing the oil/filter every 6 months is not a lot of money and it will only help keep the engine in good nick.

If doing low miles you don't need to worry about getting little things like the pollen filter changed etc so can save a bit of money there and still get a stamp in the maintanance book which will ultimately look better to a potential buyer. May not bump the price up come sale time but will probably be easier to off load if its more regularly serviced and will look better cared for even if in reality switching to 12 months isn't neglecting the car.

·
Premium Member
2,123 Posts
My car was serviced end of June and has done 5k so will be looking to service it it this month, or once I'm back from offshore in feb

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've stuck to the 6 Months, mostly due to appearances. The car doesnt do many miles (lucky to do 6,000 in a year) but when it comes to selling it, I know if I was buying it I would be put off if the seller didnt have all the right stamps in all the right places.

The furthest I've gone is to take it to Sly rather than an NHPC and even then i took a picture of his wall to show he's a master tech to any prospective buyer.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
I've chosen to switch to a 12 month interval as per the MY11 onwards cars. I only average 3000 miles a year and mostly during the summer. On a 6 month interval the car was serviced Mar and Sept. As the car is hardly used between Sept and Mar it seemed pointless with the 6 month service. One time i'd only covered 500ish miles.

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Depends how you use it - 4k miles on the track vs. 4k motorway miles - loads of difference.
Once out of warranty I'd go to 12 months
Check & Agree + if you can do oil changes yourself it helps !!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, I have a MY12 and I'm sure they get serviced every 12 months.. Anyone know for sure?
Correct. On later cars (like your's) every 12 months, earlier like mine (59 plate) every 6 months.

Of course, if I stuck with that plan I would put fresh oil and filter in the car, drive it home and it would sit in the garage SORN'd. After 6 months (April the 1st) take it for another oil and filter!! (Don't think so :chuckle:)

Hence I have gone for the 12 monthly option and get everything done at Litchfields ready for the summer.

I have kept a record of all the SORNs to show the prospective new owner and hope that they would see it as a logical thing to do.

Satan

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
12 months due to 3K per annum

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was going to go to 12 month servicing, but worried that it might hurt the future resale value as some buyers might be put off by an incomplete service record?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Servicing is a bit more (over)complicated than 6k/6mnth or 9k/12mnth G1 G2 G3 services.

I've looked at the schedule (held by NHPC's) for cars doing more than 9k miles per year, and it's a total joke. I posted a thread about it ages but I don't think anyone replied.

Basically, if you do more than 9k miles per year they throw in an extra service, so the schedule reads 18k 24k 27k 36k.

Why the car would need the oil changing at 18 24 and 27k miles just because you do more than 9k miles per year is beyond me. The way I see it, it would make no difference if you did 50k miles per year as long as a service was carried out every 9k.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts