GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I'm due my 60 month/60,000 mile service soon for my 09 GTR, I was just wondering how much I should be paying? And if anyone knows of any deals to be had?
I'm located in Bristol so Litchfields or Whifbitz seems the obvious choice but just thought I would ask your guys opinion.

Cheers Tom.

·
Registered
264 Posts
My 60 month service was just over £1k, inc £450 labour and £50ish for the MoT. Had brake hoses replaced at the same time. NHPC rates.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hi Tom,

Mine is due in October and I'm about to book it in with Litchfield. The price quoted on their website is £952 inc VAT.

Just over £1k at NHPC rates seems very cheap, as they are normally about twice the price of Lictchfield.

Iain did say last time I was there that the brake hoses (a fairly significant cost) don't definitely need replacing and they will assess them at the time. I'd be interested to know what others have done?

Cheers,

Alex

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
That is cheap. Litchfield are quoting £950 on their site for a 60 month (G2) service.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Tom,

Mine is due in October and I'm about to book it in with Litchfield. The price quoted on their website is £952 inc VAT.

Just over £1k at NHPC rates seems very cheap, as they are normally about twice the price of Lictchfield.

Iain did say last time I was there that the brake hoses (a fairly significant cost) don't definitely need replacing and they will assess them at the time. I'd be interested to know what others have done?

Cheers,

Alex
Well I did notice the brake hoses were down to be changed but I would be surprised if they did actually need changing! So it's looking around about £1000 all in. Forgot to mention I would like to pay cash

·
Ooo Matron !
2,362 Posts
My 60 month service was just over £1k, inc £450 labour and £50ish for the MoT. Had brake hoses replaced at the same time. NHPC rates.
That seems very cheap (actually, it's not cheap, I mean it's way less than I would expect from a NHPC).

I was quoted £1250+vat for a G2 (36,000) but SVM are £575+vat. SVM charge £812.50+vat for a G2 (60,000), so I'd expect a NHPC to be around £1750 (based on a pro rata calculation).

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
I was quoted £1500 inc VAT for 60 month service by Middlehurst.

Brake hoses alone are £380 plus fitting.

Middlehurst also said they would do the 60 month service without brake hoses, spark plugs and air filters for £630. But that would depend on the mileage/condition of those parts.

I chose to get some braided lines fitted by ACspeedtech for about £100 plus fitting when I was getting some new discs/pads fitted a month or so ago.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Detail: 16 Jul 2014
60 Month Service £375.00
Filter Assy - Oil £8.94
Washer Drain £1.07
0W40 12x1L A £11.90
Brake Cleaner £6.50
ScreenW 250ml £1.63
Filter Kit - Air £50.50
0W40 4x5L A £56.40
6x Plug Spark £148.56
Hose Assy Brake £19.56
Hose Assy Brake £36.21
Hose Assy Brake £33.57
Hose Assy Brake £33.57
SUBTOTAL 1 £783.41
MoT £54.85
SUBTOTAL 2 £54.85
Environmental Charge £10.95
Free Vehicle Health Check
Free Wash & Vac
SUBTOTAL £849.21
Tax £158.87
TOTAL £1008.08

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had mine done at Litchfields in May, and I'm sure it was around £600 , I didn't need the brake hoses replaced though.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had mine done at Litchfields in May, and I'm sure it was around £600 , I didn't need the brake hoses replaced though.
£600 does sound a lot more appealing than £1000. Has anyone had to have their brake hoses replaced due to wear etc?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Detail: 16 Jul 2014
60 Month Service £375.00
Filter Assy - Oil £8.94
Washer Drain £1.07
0W40 12x1L A £11.90
Brake Cleaner £6.50
ScreenW 250ml £1.63
Filter Kit - Air £50.50
0W40 4x5L A £56.40
6x Plug Spark £148.56
Hose Assy Brake £19.56
Hose Assy Brake £36.21
Hose Assy Brake £33.57
Hose Assy Brake £33.57
SUBTOTAL 1 £783.41
MoT £54.85
SUBTOTAL 2 £54.85
Environmental Charge £10.95
Free Vehicle Health Check
Free Wash & Vac
SUBTOTAL £849.21
Tax £158.87
TOTAL £1008.08

Thanks so much for this. Very helpful

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
Sorry to be pedantic, but the HPC has only charged you for one litre of oil instead of 12. This is a saving of £130.90. As I am in the motor trade, I know how easily this is done on their DMS system.

Therefore the price should have been £1138.98.

Through the GTROC meetings with Nissan over the past .....months, we have come up with several proposals as to how they (the HPC's) can retain the older R35's once they are out of warranty, and they appear in this case to have listened as their labour rate is half what it would normally be.

Having said all of this, anyone with a 3 year maintenance package, may like to know that the HPC has to do the servicing work at these rates and discount the parts somewhat. The environmental charge is high as we charge £4.00 which easily covers all disposals etc

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Unless I'm mistaken, they've also charged £56.40 for engine oil further down the list Rog. Plus the car would only need around 5 litres, not 12.

Just to clarify, are you saying that if the customer pays for services they charge twice as much as if the service plan pays?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Sorry to be pedantic, but the HPC has only charged you for one litre of oil instead of 12. This is a saving of £130.90. As I am in the motor trade, I know how easily this is done on their DMS system.

Therefore the price should have been £1138.98.

Through the GTROC meetings with Nissan over the past .....months, we have come up with several proposals as to how they (the HPC's) can retain the older R35's once they are out of warranty, and they appear in this case to have listened as their labour rate is half what it would normally be.

Having said all of this, anyone with a 3 year maintenance package, may like to know that the HPC has to do the servicing work at these rates and discount the parts somewhat. The environmental charge is high as we charge £4.00 which easily covers all disposals etc
The invoice shows a total of 32 litres of 0W40, so there's clearly at least one typo in there. Plus, you live in Oxfordshire; I live in the Scottish Borders and rates are a lot cheaper :D For my other car, I only pay £35 per hour for labour, although, to be fair, that's not main dealer pricing ;)

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
Unless I'm mistaken, they've also charged £56.40 for engine oil further down the list Rog. Plus the car would only need around 5 litres, not 12.

Just to clarify, are you saying that if the customer pays for services they charge twice as much as if the service plan pays?
It's John actually but call me Rog if you want!

I believe the 60,000 mile service is a G2 if the car is pre MY11, which includes transmission oil, engine oil (5 litres correct), diff oils and brake fluid change. These cars were on a 6,000 mile or 9 month service interval whilst post MY11 cars are on 9,000 mile or 1 year service interval. If it is a MY11 or later, then it is difficult to work out what service was done and I suspect that 60,000 in 3.5 years is a bit OTT, so I presume it is a MY09/10 car.

The service plan was for 3years or 27,000 miles whichever came sooner, and Nissan were quite clever in their marketing because it only included engine oil changes as all the other fluids were done at the 36,000 mile service thus saving them a fortune as that is the expensive service. Even at £500 it was good value for 3 smallish services at about £165 each to Nissan. In order to get to those prices, the dealerships (HPC's) had to discount their labour from between £120 and £150 down to about £75 I would guess and also discount the oil and filter etc to get to the required maximum price they could charge Nissan GB. So not necessarily 50% throughout the UK but certainly in London it would be close whilst in Scotland and the South West it would be a much lower discount as rates are lower in these areas (and N Ireland of course)

The proposal that I (GTROC) put to Nissan GB was that they should reduce their rates and parts prices significantly for GT-R's that are out of warranty and over 3 years old in order to keep them returning to the HPC's and have a full manufacturers service history. Fortunately for the likes of Litchfield, SVM, Sly and Auto Torque, Nissan dealers and Nissan GB did not agree and hence they now have empty GT-R workshops (apart from Middlehurst's) and still trying to recoup their GT-R set up costs, training and tools.

I suspect that the car in question was given a service that the HPC thought it should have for its age and mileage, but I do know that the labour rates in the Borders is significantly lower than in Central London.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts