GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting a 600 bhp R32 gtr and was wondering what are they like to live with?
I will only be using it at weekends and was wondering how well do they cope with this power?

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Mine is 520hp at all 4 wheels....So prob over 600hp at the flywheel.

I still use mine to go to work most days, it is a little thirsty, but is easy to drive quietly with the Nismo twin plate clutch.

....It's all about how it's set up, if you have a big lazy single turbo, button clutch, rock hard suspension, then it will be a pig!

·
Registered
127 Posts

I still use mine to go to work most days, it is a little thirsty, but is easy to drive quietly with the Nismo twin plate clutch.

....It's all about how it's set up, if you have a big lazy single turbo, button clutch, rock hard suspension, then it will be a pig!

Was going to say its all about how its set up, like sub boy, mines pretty similar to his - little thirsty and the front diff is a bit of a pain but very easy to use on a daily basis

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Expecting big fuel bills so thats fine as i will only be using it on weekends.
I am looking at one with a single turbo conversion,arent thay as good?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi James...

I noticed that you are around Nottingham - I am too.

I currently have my circa 600bhp+ R32 GTR for sale: -

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/125999-w...hensive-specification-tr-racing-prepared.html

This isn't aimed at being a sales pitch, but if you wanted to see what a high horsepower R32 GTR was like on the road I wouldn't mind taking you out in her for a bit - and showing you a few ropes - so you can judge for yourself.

Cheers,
Kyle :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi James...

I noticed that you are around Nottingham - I am too.

I currently have my circa 600bhp+ R32 GTR for sale: -

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/125999-w...hensive-specification-tr-racing-prepared.html

This isn't aimed at being a sales pitch, but if you wanted to see what a high horsepower R32 GTR was like on the road I wouldn't mind taking you out in her for a bit - and showing you a few ropes - so you can judge for yourself.

Cheers,
Kyle :thumbsup:
Thanks for that.PM on its way.:bowdown1:

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Try one

It totally depends on your perception of whats easy or not. My other half used to use the Bomber to go out with her mates or down the shops, with HKS Triple and 600hp, no one else who tried it (and didnt already own a plated car) managed to pull away in it first time without stalling !! And plenty of "normal" people thought it was too fast or too much for everyday use, I got pretty bored with it pretty quick to be honest and havent had another one as the next one will need 800bhp to be interesting !!

Plus as others have said it depends on spec and tune immensely.

J.

·
6,821 Posts
Look out for cars with GT-SS class Turbos and ATS carbon clutches. Also do many high power R32 GTRs gotten 6speed GTrag upgrades and sometimes LSD changed for trackdays as well (in japan at least).

Also is there a hudge difference between a 500HP engine, tweaked to 600HP (with only uprated fuelpump and injectors) and a full capable 600HP engine that digests the power to a sufficent cooling systhem and stronger internals.

Then last but not least: A car without a proper mapping is crap!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Look out for cars with GT-SS class Turbos and ATS carbon clutches. Also do many high power R32 GTRs gotten 6speed GTrag upgrades and sometimes LSD changed for trackdays as well (in japan at least).

Also is there a hudge difference between a 500HP engine, tweaked to 600HP (with only uprated fuelpump and injectors) and a full capable 600HP engine that digests the power to a sufficent cooling systhem and stronger internals.

Then last but not least: A car without a proper mapping is crap!
whats wrong with a carbon clutch?
i have an exeedy 3piece carbon clutch and its fine????
sounds like a ducati clutch..

·
6,821 Posts
whats wrong with a carbon clutch?
i have an exeedy 3piece carbon clutch and its fine????
sounds like a ducati clutch..
what do you mean I didn`t write they were crap, but that they are great:D

ATS carbon clutch all the way . . . work horse, little noise and easy to control in everyday traffic.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
think its the way you worded it! It sounds like your saying look out for the ats carbon clutch as in stay away from cars with this clutch.

Anyway for thread starter , we are saying look out for the carbon clutch as in there brilliant! Try and find a motor with one fitted LOL :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts