GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a gts which i done a engine conversion from a 2l to a 2.6, now i want to go for more power and try to push the engine to 600bhp! this is my first engine build, although i have had the engine in pieces but never the bottom end completely out! i do have a sort of budget, but i will also cover what i spent, i want to do as much as possible for the learning curve and to understand the engine mors, i will need help and answer to quite a few questions, and if im doing something wrong, please point it out!
or if there is anything you can recommend, it would be much appreaciated!
here are a few pics of the block and bits!
Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Pipe Vehicle

Auto part Automotive engine part Engine Crankshaft Transmission part

Auto part Automotive engine part Engine Metal

Pipe Auto part Plumbing Fuel line Hardware accessory

Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Vehicle

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
right, first things first, i have a nismo n1 oil pump and due to the block being from a old r32 a new crank collar has to be fitted, the old collar does not fit deep enough into the pump, and after alot of research, it would be better to fit one, because i have read up on the pump failing after a short period of time! i am waiting to get my hands on a new collar at the moment, so this will have to wait! i will also get it crack tested and balanced with a tripple plate clutch! i cleaned the block with thinners and sprayed it silver,( i like things to look new)! i will change the rod and main bearings to acl since the cranks is out, and have also bee advised by someone (cal) to change the rod bolts to arp as well! also the pistons and rods will be balenced!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the head! the head has been pressure tested to start with and results were ok, i have ported the head using the standard abrasives deluxe kit which is really handy around the valve guides due to the small area you have to work with, i have marked out the area with gaskets for material to be removed, i have made the centre parts into knife edges on both exhaust and intake side, the exhaust side was finished to a mirror finish and the intake side to a 80grit finish, next is to get bronze valve guides fitted, i understand that the valve seats need to be cut to make them fit exactly due to new guides, i have asked for 3 angle valve seats to be cut because i can gain more power by changing the seats,new valve seals were also purchased!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
right, money spent so far, some of these parts ar not brand ne, but were close to brand new or slightly used,
bronze valve guides from america £100 new
valve seals £100 new
n1 oil pump £210 new
larger radiator £80 slightly used
hks full metal 1.2mm gasket set £280 new
greddy 264 easy cams £300 slightly used
n1 pump £180 new
i have other parts on order and will post pics and prices as i recieve em!

Electronics Games

Plastic wrap Plastic bag

Dairy Snack

Auto part

Attachments

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
big thanx to purplesky for directing me to leeroy 25 on the forum who provided me crank collar at 55, tried about 12 garages, no-1 stocked them! three weeks wait from japan and cost 90, thanxs lads, saved me money and three weeks!

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
porting and polishing makes a huge difference. just had it done myself.
what turbo set up are you running to achieve the magic 600hp?

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im sort of just going with the flow, i havent reached that stage of the rebuild yet, did you port it yourself, what turbos did you go for?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts