GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, only had the car for 2 weeks and noted that passenger side headlight has water in the light booked in at local Nissan centre who will investigate under warranty bumper has to come off to replace unit ????
is this a common fault on 61 plate cars????

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Common full stop, I am currently attempting a claim out of warranty. Mine is an 09 that has had both headlights replaced and the drivers side is still letting moisture in :rolleyes:

My argument is that they should leak at all, let alone on a car thats had them both replaced.

i am sure you will get a new headlight no problem

·
Registered
644 Posts
I belive it is a very common fault from what I have read online.. my 12 plate is also starting to show some signs of condensation in the headlight and LED DRL's..

they would have to remove the front splitter and bumper :) if u have warranty it shud not be a big deal at all..

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
I had the fun of taking mine out on the weekend, adding to the seal and replacing. Great fun with all the bolts holding the splitter on.

Headlight has water in, but hoping thats from beforehand and its still drying out, actually think its still letting water in

·
Registered
471 Posts
It is amazing after spending so much on warranty replacements that they have kept the design exactly the same but then I suppose its no big deal to them compared to what they must have lost on the likes of the bell housings.
J

·
Registered
924 Posts
such a technical marvel the GTR and thee floor is a headlight ?????
No wonder the Porker pri*ks have a laugh at us buying Nissans.

I read about all the new tweaks year on year that each MY has had done.

Why don't Nissan fix the shite paint, headlights, bellhousing etc and make the car, the car it should/could have been.:(

Satan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts