GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen this car. 1 owner with warranty and only 23 k miles

61 plate in blue on pistonheads. I can't post links as need 15 posts but is a private seller. It has Nissan warranty too!

Anyone know this car?

Cheers

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Adnan

Yup that's the link. Going to call the seller as that is well priced. 1 owner with full history and Nissan warranty too

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I thought the 2011 onwards should be serviced once a year but it had two services last year.
1,200 mile service 13/02/2012 - 1,272 miles, completed by Desira Nissan
12 months (G1) Service 01/11/2012 - 9,575 miles, completed by Desira Nissan
(G3) Service 07/08/2013 - 17,774 miles, completed by Desira Nissan
24 Month Service 07/11/2013 - 20,220 miles, completed by Desira Nissan
(G2) Service 02/06/2014 - 22,123 miles, completed by Desira Nissan

Looks like a nice well maintained clean car. The 24 mnth service was actually the 2nd optimisation by the look of it. The last service was carried out 2 mnths early probably for selling purposes.

But...

According to Nissan the car should be on the high mileage service schedule because it did more than 9k miles in the first year and the second year. Yes I know it's ridiculous, but I know because I do more than 9k miles per year in mine and I have to have it serviced at..

9k miles
12k miles
18k miles
24k miles
27k miles
36k miles
45k miles
48k miles
54k miles etc

That is the official high (over 9k/year) mileage NHPC service schedule for MY11 onwards, optimisations are still every 12 mnths.

It won't make a blind bit of difference in reality of course, but just thought I'd mention it as a point of interest.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Surely the service interval is 12 month or 9k miles on the my11 otherwise what do those figures refer to???
But I guess Nissan can find this somewhere in the manual!

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Gort, any car doing more than 9k miles a year is put on the above 'high mileage' service schedule. I made them print it off for me because I couldn't believe it. Yes it makes no sense, but I gave up arguing with them.

·
Premium Member
6,064 Posts
I suspect it hasn't sold yet becuase it is a £48k car on a private sale, had that been at a dealer it would have gone already.

·
Premium Member
6,064 Posts
mine is identicle and I paid arround the same price, the dealer had a list of people waiting if I decided not to buy.

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
The service history on this car is absolutely to the book.

From MY11 onwards, the GT-R has a service every 9,000 miles or 12 months whichever comes sooner. There is no such stipulation that states that if the car does more than 9,000 miles a year then it has to have more regular servicing.

It is the same with all manufacturers and some have now gone computerised where the car tells you when it needs a service depending on distance or age or if the car has had a 'hard' life. Nissan does not this system and relies on the HPC to set the computer through the MFU when serviced.

The car looks good value and would be at £49,995 at a Nissan dealership.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts