GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dyno Day has been & gone but my R33 and Guys R34 are still there having final mapping done.Both cars did very well,second & third to the massive GT-ART Beast R33( 714BHP ).I have just heard from Tim ,boss of Tuning Japanese,that my car has made 635BHP at 1.5bar,an increase of 25ponnies since Saturday.Guys R34 is just about to have his big AFM`s fitted and will be making new larger numbers this week.

Has anyone else ordered the new Greddy Turbo`s that are on my car or the larger ones on Guys car?

Henry.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Great stuff Henry mate - you must be well pleased :)

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Henry Hairy Huge Hands

Well done, thats better, you'll have nearly as much as me soon:D

If you can make that hp with your turbos then I suppose we should be expecting lots more from Guys car with the larger ones?

Happy for you:)

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
mini dyno

Another mini dyno day brewing then:) seems i might have to turn up my boost sooner than i thought or maybe not:D
Gary
GT-ART
DYNO KING:p

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Power

Gary,

Seriously mate, I have not had my car built to challenge yours, or to exceed 700bhp.

My car is being built to be a fast, comfortable, road car and I am not intending to set any records. If I was I would have built the car to a very different specification, but that was not what I wanted to do with my R34.

I am happy for you to continue carrying the crown of highest power. I am certain that your car is capable of running over 750bhp at 2bar, I have said that (to you and others) for about a year.

We all need to enjoy our cars, without breaking them trying to set records, so please keep your boost as it is, enjoy the car, and show people how fast GTRs can be.

Guy

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
cheerd up

Guy ,
I was only having a laugh but,
you have cheered up the mrs, she wants me to leave the boost as well, but you know me never satisfied:D
Gary
GT-ART
UK DYNO KING:p

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
1000bhp

Who will be the first ???
Hey guys, it's got to be good fun as we all show the rest of the world just how damn good these cars really are !
Keep on turning it up, as we all learn from each other and as a serious track day enthusiast, I am willing to listen and learn about all the facts with reference to not only the BIG bhp but also the torque figures.
YES, I NEED SOME MORE !!! (SOON)
At Donnington on Sat 1st June if ya wanna drop by
Steve
Keep it on the Black Stuff
:smokin:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Fantastic result Henry...
Also more importantly than rolling road horse power, as I observed on Saturday your car drives so well on the road as well.

Pulling hard from well below 4000rpm.

I am sure you still have further ponies just awaiting release.

Congratulations can not wait for the first day we are out on the track.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
For the people that don't pay attention (like me) which Trust turbos are you using Guy - T517s or T618s? Also, have you changed any of the internals (ie. pistons, rods, etc.) on your R34?

Just for informational purposes, I saw a set of Dyno graphs in one of the Jap mags comparing these two turbos (10cm2 on T517 and 8cm2 on T618) and noticed how close they were in performance on an RB26. In terms of pack power the T618 made around 703ps while the T517s made around 670ps. I believe the pistons and rods were upgraded on those engines but don't hold me to it. Actually, it made me think why Trust went to the trouble to develop the T618s when the T517s almost delivered the same performance (particularly since the T517 has not been discountinued). Just some rambling thoughts.

Cya O!

P

·
0 Posts
Nice figures Henry and Guy! Now I am really looking forward to installing my T517Zs. Everything should be done in 2 weeks time.

Henry, I am curious to know which T517Z kit you are using, 8cm2 or 10cm2?

Hipogtr: would it be possible for you to scan those dyno graphs? I would be very interested in seeing them.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Trust Turbos

Henry has the 8cm T517Z kit as I understand it, my kit is the 8cm T618Z kit, both kits can be upgrade with the 10cm exhaust housing.

I also have the special T618Z matching downpipes, that have twin pipes per manifold (one for exhaust, one for wastegate).

I have replaced the pistons and rods and rev the car to 9000rpm.

Guy

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
not shy then Henry!

must feel like the car is creating its own weather systems out on the road!
A good all round car is what we all desire and it must be devestating on the tarmac. Keep it on there of course.
Well done to all the big pony boys.
NLW

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Thanks for the info, Guy. You've got quite a car. Great job.

Damien, for your viewing pleasure I scanned the dyno graph that I was referring to in my last post. Its located here:

http://home.att.ne.jp/omega/hipogtr/gallery/cat2/T517v618.jpg

Below are the pertinent details offered with the article:

Power Figures:
T618Z Peak Power @1.9 kg/m2 = 702ps
T517Z Peak Power @1.9 kg/m2 = 680ps

Note, there is a 35ps difference in power at 7,500rpm. Unfortunately, there are no Torque numbers.

Engine specifications:

272 In / 280 Ex camshafts
Greddy 3 core intercooler
Greddy suction kit (hard pipe kit for air cleaner)
TR Power Evolution II exhaust
Greddy extension frontpipes (like Guy's)
Gracer Airinx (air cleaner)
Z32 AFMs
720cc injectors
Programmed ECU
+ other minor supporting mods (eg. plugs, pump, regulator, etc.)

Hope this helps.

Cya O!

·
Registered
492 Posts
She's gonna blow captain!!!

Good on you Henry – nice figures!

Go on – blow it as hard as she’ll go! Mine baby is almost ready and I’m gonna be more than likely trying to push the envelope once again and I don’t want to be the only one this summer with a bust up engine…

Seriously though, I second Guy’s views posted earlier this thread. I think we all know our cars are now seriously powerful pieces of kit, each with the ability to push up to 2.0 bar of pressure producing ???bhp, but I don’t really think we should be trying to prove it. I for one am sick of my car being always off the road, missing all the meets and generally not getting any value for money.

Saying that…

…watch this space!

Rupert

·
Registered
492 Posts
Not to forget...

And a very big well done to you Guy too!

By the way, I owe you for the fleece. Sorry I forgot on Saturday, I was a little worse for ware and had to go home early...

Rupert

·
Registered
238 Posts
just to echo the above comments, you arent the only ones with cost/reliability issues at mega power. i have had a good chat with a new club member of ours with a track day porsche GT2-R, which makes 620bhp @6000rpm, and 950nm torque (think that comes out at 670-690ft/lb approx) (at 4,800rpm!)
the engine is basically "lifed" at 30 hrs (Running time) between strip downs and inspections/rebuilds. he does most of his own work in removing the engine etc, but with other issues such as driveshaft joints apparently "lifed" at 14-16 hrs running time also, the actual running costs to maintain such a big bhp/torque car are horrendous. he estimated it at around £2k per trackday taking into account engine/fuel/tyres/brakes etc) based on a seasons fun!
there is a point where chasing power becomes diminishing return time. I've been in a couple of the 500+ cars, and a couple of 600+, and they are sensational in performance. you are lucky people!

i will hopefully post some details soon of an evening meet at donnington this summer, for a £95 trackday with one of the usual operators.
the chap with the GT2 has promised me and anyone else interested a track ride in it!

if one of you wants a major step down and a ride in my 220bhp car round donnington in return for a passenger ride in yours you are welcome! lol
rgds
chris m

1 - 20 of 31 Posts