GTR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,
Recently Ive noticed on ebay and other forums that some R32 GTRs are going for around 6-7k! I think this is an astonishing price for the car you're getting for so little money!
My question is are these cars likely to be ropey or on their last legs for this money? Ive previously thought the benchmark for buying a decent R32GTR would be about £8.5-9.5k
Feedback would be appreciated as Id be seriously tempted by a GTR for 6-7 grand!!

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
6K ? Daaaaamn !

Seems a bit cheap to me...I'd 'personally' say your benchmark figure is more realistic.

·
Registered
100 Posts
This is why I am thinking of breaking mine. When I bought it, earlier this year, I looked at loads of them and most were right piles of poo (rust, high miles, rough running etc) and they were all around the £8.5k mark. Mine was a grade 4 and cost over £10k and since I have spent a fortune improving it only for the market to become saturated with pure crap such as rough grade R's etc.
When it comes to these I recon you definatelly get what you pay for, and they aint cheap when they go wrong.
Sorry about the rant, but its deffo best to shop around and spend a little more

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
I payed 12.5K for my R32GTR ! It has only done 24K miles though and is proper mint.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
It would be unwise to say its impossible to get a good GTR32 for £6K because its quite possible you can land lucky determined by the specific need (desperate) of an owner to sell at the time. The reality is you might have to check out an awful lot of them before finding one tho', if at all.

Most of the "good" lower cost 32's have been soaked out of Japan already, many of those being brought in through such as Southampton (shudder) are literally cheap auction cars that no one else wanted because they need "fixing" and for a GTR that is not a low cost activity.

Yes, of course a good one may still surface in Japan, however they are getting fewer and further between and they don't sell at rock bottom prices. I've seen R34's at not much over £20k with ESVA and tax's paid, would I buy it? Not in the expectation its a sound car, rather that it is the basis of a project platform most of which will be stripped off, engine rebuilt etc.

Both my GTR's have been imports from Japan. Neither fully matched what had been written on the box despite applying high degrees of caution and checking. The 32 cost a little to fix and I've had 25k+ miles of trouble free driving, the 33 I'm still paying out on! (But it is a bit special).

In which case, if you buy for £6k something without any history expect to keep on spending, and it could easily be thousands. So why not spend £8k+ in the first place on a known quantity knowing its pretty sound?

Some like to gamble on a so called bargain. Its a free country, feel free to do so. However don't bleat and b1tch about getting your fingers, arms and the odd leg burnt afterwards.

If you do see a GOOD GTR32 for £6k, my advice is BUY IT QUICK as its an absolute bargain!

DaveG

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like i'll be back in an auto tt supra then for my 6 grand :) At least they're reliable for that money! lol :)

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
I payed 12.5K for my R32GTR ! It has only done 24K miles though and is proper mint.
yeah, but yours came from newera...what do you expect lol!

Looks like i'll be back in an auto tt supra then for my 6 grand At least they're reliable for that money! lol
for 6k, i agree with you. i love supra's, bulletproof engine...:D

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
What you had done Matty ?

I can see where the extra money when on mine....even silly things like the rubber window seals and headlights look brand new.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts