GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a call from John (who's at Oulton Park) but he asked me to let you know that Nissan have gone quicker again today at the Nordschleife with a time of 7.26.7.

They have 3 hours of exclusive time left this afternoon from 2-5pm to try and better it.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
excellent

I'm now re-invigorated for another time attack on Gants Hill roundabout;)

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Just had a call from John (who's at Oulton Park) but he asked me to let you know that Nissan have gone quicker again today at the Nordschleife with a time of 7.26.7.

They have 3 hours of exclusive time left this afternoon from 2-5pm to try and better it.
No, I think Porsche have established that the quickest it can go is 7:56... :nervous:

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
That is really very, very impressive. :bowdown1:

My stock-engined Z06 is so much faster on the road than my GT-R and the ZR1 is supposedly much, much faster, still so the fact that the GT-R can (so very nearly!) match a ZR1 around the Nordschleife is simply amazing.

I bet that 0.3s is hurting them badly though! :D

If only Corvette and Viper had the budget to mount a similar attack attempt...
The new 997 GT3 should be fairly impressive too, although maybe lacking the outright grunt needed to post a sub 7:30?

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
the test is the M11/M25 slip road, that's where you wanna find your limits. lol

mook
hmm, m25 clockwise junction to M11 south - interesting cambers and series of tightening curves?

Now I kind of fancy a trip to the Ring; I could be the first GTR to post a +15 minutes time

·
Administrator
31,602 Posts
hmm, m25 clockwise junction to M11 south - interesting cambers and series of tightening curves?

Now I kind of fancy a trip to the Ring; I could be the first GTR to post a +15 minutes time
thats the fella!

+15 minute ring trip, i can beat that

My mate did half a lap, pulled off at Adenau bridge, had lunch in town and rejoined without ever leaving the track. was about a 45 minute lap :)

mook

1 - 17 of 17 Posts