GTR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,560 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Hey Rob, I thought Reece was coming out to play again. It's been very quiet, technical problems?

Mind you trying to run sub-7.5's in a non-tubbed car is like a planet of their own!

DaveG

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Hey Rob, I thought Reece was coming out to play again. It's been very quiet, technical problems?

Mind you trying to run sub-7.5's in a non-tubbed car is like a planet of their own!
They ran a whole season here which I believe went pretty faultless last season - NZ tracks aren't good enough to hold the power of the thing, hence it going to Oz to run the 7.5. They ran pretty consistant 7.8s on NZ soil over the series last year running a "conservative" power level - over in Oz I get the impression they can wind the power up a fair bit more in the higher gears. If Reece or Kevin come through I am sure they will put me right if any of that is off.

They have been doing stuff to it during the off season and it sounds like its nearing readiness for a season in Oz, I'm guessing the Z is nearing completion too. I suspect the quietness is due to the fact that there are a bunch of very busy beavers at HTL HQ getting all this ready :)

·
Registered
6,560 Posts

DaveG
Its our off season and as said above I'm sure they are very busy with 2 if not 3 of their new cars.

As far as I understand it they are going to leave the GTR in Aussie this comming season and have a real good crack and getting the 7.5 down some more as the NZ tracks quite frankly are crap compared to whats in Aussie.

Besides, a particular European and Irish GTR Champion had a word in my ear the other day and said he was happy with progress and will be gunning for the top spot, best of luck to all the GTR boys this season, shame I'm not one of them.

Rob

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

DaveG
whats a non-tubbed car ?

does that mean the car is still running original chassis ?

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
whats a non-tubbed car ?

does that mean the car is still running original chassis ?
Yeah, its still running a conventional style GTR rear end with slightly widened rear guards to get the 28 x 11.5 x 15s under it (pretty sure thats the size of the rear tyres.)

The "chassis/floor" has had alot of work to allow install of the transmission etc but I believe it still has its original chassis rails in place.

Rob

·
Registered
153 Posts
They've got a new paint job as well on the GTR .\
As Reece mentioned in another thread that they have got a new turbo as well to help with getting to the top end of the track faster as they said they ca'nt really improve on their launch to 1/8 to much more .

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
looks very very cool :cool:
be great to see what they do with it over your next season.

would be just fantastic to line up against her some day if poss :cool:

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Besides, a particular European and Irish GTR Champion had a word in my ear the other day and said he was happy with progress and will be gunning for the top spot
Wow I missed that the first time I read this post, its going to be interesting seeing how this plays out - looking forward to hearing how it goes! Knocking off over half a second from where it already is takes some doing :runaway:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.