GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
How would this turbo work on a oem RB26DETT ? This seems to be almost the same as HKS GTRS or am i wrong ?

Spec.
Garrett GT2560R. (Same spec as GT2871R, trim 51) US model of Gt2560 is a smaller variant and not comparable

Fact:
Art nr: 707160-0010
compressor, 51mm / 71mm A/R=0.6 Trim 52
Turbine, GT25 47mm / 53,8mm A/R=0,64 Trim 76

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey gtrsam,

Yeah -10's look pretty close to GT-RS's but the lack of the anti-surge shroud that a GT-RS has and the -10 doesnt have tells me that it could surge like a dirty old GT2540.....although prob not quite as badly as the comp wheel is much smaller in the base compared to the T04S 2540 wheel.

I'd say that on a 2.6 your prob wasting your time with them. GT-RS's on the 2.6's i've seen on the dyno dont seem to get anywhere near the 400hp each they are rated at. Maybe if you ran them up to 1.8 bar but i've seen them at 1.6 bar and they were the darn near same power as a GT2530 car which made slightly more power on LESS boost and of course the GT-RS had more lag.

To me the GT-RS seems to be over-rated and not capable of 800hp - but if someone can prove me wrong i'd be happy to change my view :)

The -10's would be equally unimpressive and possibly worse as the turbine housing isnt the same as a GT-RS and the compressor cover isnt equipped with the ported shroud

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much for your input much appreciated :).
RH9 said:
Hey gtrsam,

Yeah -10's look pretty close to GT-RS's but the lack of the anti-surge shroud that a GT-RS has and the -10 doesnt have tells me that it could surge like a dirty old GT2540.....although prob not quite as badly as the comp wheel is much smaller in the base compared to the T04S 2540 wheel.

I'd say that on a 2.6 your prob wasting your time with them. GT-RS's on the 2.6's i've seen on the dyno dont seem to get anywhere near the 400hp each they are rated at. Maybe if you ran them up to 1.8 bar but i've seen them at 1.6 bar and they were the darn near same power as a GT2530 car which made slightly more power on LESS boost and of course the GT-RS had more lag.

To me the GT-RS seems to be over-rated and not capable of 800hp - but if someone can prove me wrong i'd be happy to change my view :)

The -10's would be equally unimpressive and possibly worse as the turbine housing isnt the same as a GT-RS and the compressor cover isnt equipped with the ported shroud

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hate to bump this.....

But I'm debating between this setup and the -5, as well as possibly a GT35R or GT42R if I decide to go single....just working with a low budget and a stock twin replacement setup is in the budget.

Decisions, Decisions....lol...

·
Registered
118 Posts
the -10's are more powerful than the -5's then?
Apparently the -10 are rated at 400 HP/each....whereas the -5 are rated at 360HP/each. (Flywheel of course.)

The -10 are the same specs and equivalent of the HKS GT-RS, whereas the -5 are the specs and equivalent of the HKS 2530....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts